Boots restaurant

Does anyone have a photo of the inside of the restaurant at Boots (now Zara) on High Street Nottm. My grandad used to take me there for my tea most saturdays and it always seemed so large and very posh. It would have been in the mid 60s.

I didn't know there was a Boots there, my sister worked in Boots at the corner of Slab Square in the 60's , Wheeler Gate? Think it's a Lakeland/Costa's now

I remember Boots on High Street/Pelham Street but I don't remember a restaurant in it. I only went in the place for the record department ( as mentioned by denshaw)

There are interior photos of the place - but unfortunately not the restaurant - on Picture the Past if you search Boots High (that fixes the search on High Street rather than including all the other places as well)

Can remember going there a few times in the late 50s, mostly around Christmas after the shopping for presents.

One of my Aunts was always with us as she worked at Boots at the time and had a staff discount card or similar. So, lot of presents bought at Boots!

Always remember the cafeteria as being a bit posh, dark furniture, table cloths and tea services.

One of my Aunts was always with us as she worked at Boots at the time and had a staff discount card or similar.

My mum had one of those as well. The discount rate was very good at 2d in the1/-; so something which cost 6/- we got for 5/-.

It was even better when they went decimal; it became 2p in 5p ; in other words 40%

I remember the cafe in Boots I used to love that shop on the corner of Pelham St. I worked for Boots on Station St. for 10 years when I left school. We used to have to go to college at the Beeston site once a week for the first 2 years

• 3 years later...