Ay Up from Commo

I,ve been lurking around the site for a year or two on and off, and now that I am a Gentleman of Leisure thought I could have more time to get further into it.

I was born in St Annes, Comyn Street, (hence the name tag) and was there until 1954 when the Family moved out to the elysian fields of Ruddington. Whilst in Commo, my Uncle and family lived next door, Great Aunt and Uncle 3 doors away, and paternal Grandma just across on Gt Freeman street. My maternal Grandma lived miles away at the top of Curzon Street.

I have now been exiled in West Yorkshire since 1972 and for the last 38 years in Summer Wine country, and I see that Compo is a regular contributor to this ste. I have always kept a love for Nottingham throughout the exile and still have my Brother and Sis in law in Ruddington with mrs Commo's Brother and family in the Sawley area.

Nostalgia for Nottingham has always been important to me, though probably as with many other exiles, for the way it was still being seen through perhaps rosy specs, though it probably was better then!

Hope to be around the site and get to know some of you, and it would be great to know if anyone out there may have hailed from the same area originally.

Welcome to Nottstalgia, Commo. Almost certainly the first person on this site to use the phrase "elysian fields" to describe any part of Nottingham.

Was that Gracie Fields younger, fitter sister?......................Hiya Commo, good of you to join us after all the 'lurkin' you bin doin'.............. :laugh:

Thanks for your welcome, hope to be around and about the site as much as is possible.

Catfan, re #6, whereabouts from St Annes were your roots? Although I left in 1954, my Gran moved from Curzon St into our house on Comyn st and with Great Aunt and other Grandma were there until demolition, Gran and Auntie beng moved to Newark Crescent just off Manvers St, and Grandma down to Hyson Green, I was regular visitor to the area.