• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked past Harold Larwood and Bill Voce in Kirkby this morning......couldnt bring mesen to tell em the score......just got a coffee from Subway and sat and drunk it down at 'Long Off''...........

"Trevor S, wherever in the world that I've been staying, I've always been an Englishman from Nottingham. That's why I can't understand how you can put Australia before England. I realise that you've m

Australian Love Poem Of course I love ya darlin You're a bloody top-notch bird And when I say you're gorgeous I mean every single word So ya bum is on the big side I don't mind a bit of fl

And we beat the Scots by 200 runs, quite convincingly.

See your lot beat Ireland but that was not so convincing, was it my old china mate???? Nearly lost that one to the potato diggers, didn't we.

Of course, I was not going to say anything about Scotland and Ireland but since you wanted to come out in the manner of the proverbial yachtsman that you are (full of wind and water), I thought that I should remind you :No1:

As for the content of your post at #325....pure unintelligible gibberish.

I shall also ignore your inference that the Aussies are bad sports...so Yah Booh Sucks to you with Double Bells On... :loser:

See your lot beat Ireland but that was not so convincing, was it my old china mate????

The optimum words there being "beat Ireland" note the lack of those words oft used in the Australian language "beaten by"

(Mind you saying that , I thought we were going to get stuffed by the paddy's and was ready to grovel !!)

I have noticed that I missed your post re 20-20

I actually think that it saved the game in a way. Loads more excitement, not too keen on the cheerleaders and all that razzamataz , but if it puts 'bums on seats' then it can't be bad for the game.

If there was any yesterday I missed it as we didn't get there till the Aussies were one down !

Regarding your Irish game and to paraphrase Grantland Rice - “It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.” Your lot was lucky!

Regarding T20....disagree with your thoughts at #329 that it saved the game and if it puts bums on seats, it can't be bad for the game. It just isn't cricket - it is simply hack and slash hybrid school rounders. Give them a Diamond instead of a wicket and wooden or metal clubs and you have baseball - you already have chuckers/pitchers on certain teams from Indian type countries!

As for you missing part of the match yesterday - I presume that your being in the free-loading 'toff' seats gave you ample opportunity to drown your sorrows throughout a fantastic day of cricket????

australian-boxing-kangaroo-flag-i8.jpg

Love the way that Roo seems to be punching himself in the face, pretty much what everybody else has been doing to the Aussies for a while now

Just off to my favourite little fishing hole, then home in time for dinner , then off to the pub for the footy. Oh what a sporting life I lead.

And todays result proves my point in post #337

You had us on 8 for 3 but our third string still manged to kick your arses bums

Beefsteak, to be quite honest with you, I turned the cricket on after the local news and Australia was 11-2. I watched it drag on as Marsh was out and then a clearly unfit Clarke was out lbw and the score 57-4. At that point, I lost all interest and changed channels to watch something more interesting! The Australians looked as though they were not interested in winning the game!

Sorry I missed your lot at 8-3 but who cares?

The following article just about sums up my thoughts on the current debacle...........

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/england-stand-by-michael-carberry-as-series-fizzles-out-8815905.html

Well done to your unknowns for winning again although it has been made easy for them, hasn't it?

With the series at a draw (1-1), the last ODI Southampton will be interesting.

Australia seal ODI series victory

box-roo.gif

The Sounds of Silence come to mind for some unknown reason! What's up, Beefsteak? Cat got your tongue?

Whatever excuse or sledging tactic you are about to employ will not detract from the fact that Australia won the ODI series.

Haven't won much this tour so a victory is greatly appreciated, especially when I stayed up all night to watch the game - well; in between dozing off every half hour or so.

Well played to both teams for their entertainment over the northern summer :clapping:

Well if you want to celebrate beating a Southampton paper boys eleven by such a narrow margin then so be it.

Pssst There was no reply last night as like most normal people I was in bed !

• 4 weeks later...

Who cares?

Bathurst starts in 55 minutes, Webber is on pole in the Japan GP and Crutchlow is 3rd in Malaysia at the MotoGP. Big day of sport.

• Upvote 1