End of First Day - England 9-238......And to quote your own headlines -

Australia in charge of fourth Test

Australia take an early grip on the fourth Ashes Test as England's batting frailties are exposed once again.

Uplifting comments by your media and a great result on the first day BUT we shall not tread down the same path as others have done - we shall remain civil, respectful of other's feelings and maintain a dignified and sportsmanlike manner whilst awaiting the final outcome of this Test Match.

facebook-chat-emoticon.jpg

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked past Harold Larwood and Bill Voce in Kirkby this morning......couldnt bring mesen to tell em the score......just got a coffee from Subway and sat and drunk it down at 'Long Off''...........

"Trevor S, wherever in the world that I've been staying, I've always been an Englishman from Nottingham. That's why I can't understand how you can put Australia before England. I realise that you've m

Australian Love Poem Of course I love ya darlin You're a bloody top-notch bird And when I say you're gorgeous I mean every single word So ya bum is on the big side I don't mind a bit of fl

Got to love that pretty pathetic "Clinging of straws" you keep going after............. :rotfl:

You know full well we've got God on our side, and the rains on order already, but you keep dreaming (at least it'll help to take you're mind off and keep you away from those worried sheep.

Poor Beefsteak.....the term is 'Clutching at straws' but then again........to each his own.

Another area of concern is your apparent growing fixation with animals. First it was the wallabies in #223 and now it is the sheep.

Close associations with sheep is something that the New Zealand hillbillies are renowned for....... so you even got the wrong country there!

But seriously, your apparent infatuation with the little wallabies and the woolly jumpers is most disturbing. A psychiatrist should be able to address your mental issues before they get out of control.

You never know, it may just be your subconscious fear of inevitably losing to us.

Oh what a glorious thing to see , Australia are on 49 for 3 ( Apologies to Arthur Askey)

Oh and if you ever made it back to our septic isle you'd notice that Aussies are called "sheep Sha***rs here too (Along with the Welsh)

But then again, it's not often that losers put in an appearance here!

Oh what a glorious thing to see , Australia are on 49 for 3 ( Apologies to Arthur Askey)

Poor little Beefsteak....Does Mummy make you go to bed in the afternoon or is it your new medication kicking in? If it is your new medication, it is not having an immediate effect since you are still obsessed with bringing up the subject of animal sex every time you open your mouth! I will reiterate....New Zealanders like sheep, NOT Aussies.

Read with interest were someone got charged with racism for accusing a Welshman of being inclined towards a bit of lamb:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4905829/man-fined-for-racist-sheep-shagger-jibe.html

Now then, if you had been allowed to watch the TV like grown-ups do, you would have seen that at the end of the second day's play, our lot were 222 for 5. We will start the third day with a better run rate to date than your lot and 5 batsmen! Looking good and has the makings of a good game!

Headlines from your media.....

Rogers ton gives Australia control

Chris Rogers' gutsy 101 not out gives Australia the advantage in an absorbing fourth Ashes Test at Chester-le-Street

Cute-emoticons-vector-material-5-13542.j

And there you go again, once more it is you who raises the subject of animals and bestiality, trying , desperately , to remove yourself from the commonly known Australian past time of taxidermy ( ie 'stuffing animals') when no one here (other than yourself) has mentioned it for 8 posts or more ..............!!!!!!!!

The words "The lady doth protest too much" has never had a truer ring to it !!!!!

And who (pray tell) gives a flying fishes tits gills what the media think?

As for the ashes, we know we've still got them , you know you need to win two to even get a wee bit of credibility, and we all know that isn't going to happen.

There's also a little thing about the world athletics championships going on in Russia at the moment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/23594046

Can't see much mention of the convicts on the medal table can you ? or even qualifying for owt !

Any way , I'll start to prepare it , you get ready to eat it !!

(Would you like some 'dead horse' on your humble pie sir ??)

..... On no, what about my sex life?.........................

All together now, 'Bestiality's best, mate, bestiality's best' (sh*g a wallaby)

Kind of sort of brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Tie Me Kangaroo down sport" don't it ??

Who started it????? Who keeps the subject rolling??? And keeps on with it ad nauseum???? YOU DO. #223, 227,230 and now at 232, you try in a pathetic and childish way to say you did not either start it or continue on with it.

I for one do have real doubts about you, sunshine! So please do not try to pass the buck...it will not work.

The Moscow World Athletics Championships have not even got a mention down here so who cares....you go and play with your European comrades if you want, we have better things to do in life.

Incidentally, a very big presumption on your part regarding the preparation of a memorable meal. Let us just wait until the end of the Series, shall we?

Watch for our women as well....they start tonight....http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23616186

Women, cricket, you'll be telling me you watch bowls next !

Certainly grasping at straws if you ask me .............................................. :jumping:

PS , I don't believe for one second your lot aren't bothered about the athletics. But when you've got no chance of achievement I suppose it's easy to ignore it !

Anyway, got to go , I got a few 'Snags' on the barbie that need a turn.................................. :tanning:

I've got to stop watching the bloody cricket, everytime I tune in we lose a wicket ! (Just lost Pietersen for 44!)

Bloody ridiculous umpiring decision again !! Bad light, bad bloody light !? I've sunbathed in worse light than that !!

Welcome back, Beefsteak!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see the old Beefsteak is alive and well..the medication (or psychiatrist or both) have evidently worked and you are almost - almost conversing in a normal, intelligent manner. Well done. :jumping:

Our women's XI are going well - 2 for 243 after the first day: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23659572

Our men.................well, there are still two full days left before one can start celebrating.

And I would not impose bowls on you if you did not like the game...it always reminds me of this AC/DC song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3vWFhQvYy4

And you can grasp at all the straws you like, matey. Where I was brought up, we clutched at straws and at the moment, I'm clutching at as many as I bl**dy well can! :sickly:

Don't forget your medication!

englandflagThe words "He who laughs last" certainly spring to mind !!!!!!!!!!

wereno1thumbsup :jumping::rotfl:

Ooooooooooppppppps nearly forgot............... WE KICKED YOUR ARSES !!!!!!

The agony of defeat when you have no means of averting it!

We were looking real good at 1 - 147 with over a day to play - then the import got out and then, shortly after, the inevitable collapse for which our lot are getting quite a reputation...5 supposed first class batsmen, our entire middle order, out inside 55 minutes over a 13 run span. Broad took 6-50, all within a 45 ball spell and you cannot get better than that. With no batsmen in the tail end of the Oz XI, thanks to the antiquated selectors, the end was just a formality.

All credit due to your lot, especially your bowlers who played a magnificent game. Our selectors need to take a long hard look at themselves and our batsmen need to start earning their money or get out. I have said it before and I will say it again, for too long the bowlers have been carrying the Australian XI. To watch our batsmen squander their time at the crease in such a cheap manner was embarrassing. It was a disgrace. They had every chance of winning this Match and blew it. Stories of the retirement of Clarke within 12 months are hopefully correct as a full time captain is required on any team, not one who watches from the sideline or then plays with an acknowledged back disability. As one commentator here in Oz said, "The captain has a back issue that he fights to overcome - shame the rest of the batsmen haven't found their backbones yet."

Beefsteak, your team was the better side and nothing can be taken from them in that regard. Congratulations bowdown and I will PM you my address so that you can send me that humble pie that you have baked for me.

At the same time, please send me your recipe............................I might need it after our lot, renewed and afresh, face your exports over here at the end of the year.

WELL DONE BEEFSTEAK - YOU WON this round, you bu99er, but I'll be back. Enjoy it while you can! :congrats:englandflag:clapping:

ps. Your women are on the ropes! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23674178

• Upvote 1

I have to admit (drat, drat and double drat) that I missed the collapse.

I had our Charlotte at her flute lesson and managed to watch your openers reach the hundred in double quick time whilst I waited for her, and I thought that was it for us! When I got home I made them a late lunch, got the rest of my days work finished, then decided to 'hack' in to the cricket for a bit more pain, saw you on 130 sommat for 1 and gave up, started licking my wounds awaiting the onslaught.

I decided to tie some rigs (fishing) and tidy up my tackle and bait boxes, That me about three hours, I tuned back in just in time to see them walking off to applause, not realising we'd won and not vice versa for about 5 minutes !!

Any way nice to see you being magnanimous (sort of) in defeat. Hope you get your team sorted out soon as it's getting a bit tedious kicking your arses with such a regularity.

As for the womans cricket, we're due for rain for the next couple of days !

P.S. Have you got any golds in the athletics yet? we've got 2 !

smile2

Beefsteak....did you notice that our lot won a bronze medal in the 50 kilometre walk up there in Moscow. Congratulations to Jared Tallent on winning our first medal at these championships.

However, me thinks that they should have put all the Australian XI batsmen in the walking events at Moscow....with the experience they have gained in the Series to date, we would have scooped the medal pool every time!

By the way, the Women's Test Match fizzled to a draw after your finest dug themselves in (literally) on the final day. Did not show their heads above the trenches until the end of play; thereby ensuring a draw and not a loss!

I see we are playing your pussycats today as a lead up to the final Test next week. I could make a prediction about the final Test but I will wait until it is finished before I tell you what it was.

Keep your eyes on the games tomorrow as Mo Farrah is in the final of the 5000 m.

I did notice the women had battled to a mighty draw against the 'all conquering' Australians but I've run out of gloating powder at the moment so couldn't do much about it.

I also notice that your 'fast tracked foreigner' (The reason for this topic in the first place) is in the squad for the 20-20 stuff !

He is a bowler, a leggie. We need batsmen......Please God, send Australia some first class batsmen!

Would not be surprised if there is a big house cleaning about to take place in Oz cricket, particularly if we lose the 5th Test.

Aussies getting desperate....you betcha.

ps. Sorry to see you have lost Bresnan for a while with a spinal stress fracture...he was a top bowler.

England-win-the-Ashes-3-1-005.jpgWakey wakey Beefsteak.......the game is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- An expectant father rang the hospital to see how his wife was getting on.

By mistake he dialled the number for Lord's.

"How's it going?" he asked.

"Fine," came the answer, "We've got two out already and hope to have the rest out before lunch. The last one was a duck.