Been lurking on this forum for ages and find it really interesting ... I live in Mansfield Woodhouse but lived in Nottingham for a while. I'm interested in all things Railway ... Especially old railway history in Nottingham ... Just getting to grips with the history of railways in and around Mansfield !!!

Hope to add my two Penneth worth to the posts in the future !!!

I'm glad to be here !!!

Welcome Notts Railway Fan :)

we have a few Railway Fans, but its nice to have someone with North Notts knowledge and not just in Railways.

• 2 months later...

Ayup Notts Railway Fan. I am a complete railway nut and live in Mansfield. I love old steam trains and also railway history. The old long gone infrastructure fascinates me. Over the last 10 years I have managed to get around a lot of abandoned local railways and photographed what's left. Me and my grandkids have walked from Pleasley to Tibshelf along the old railway, also much of the GNR in the Pleasley area. The ex LD&ECR was walked from Ollerton to Fledborough and beyond before part of it became a test track. We also walked from Langwith to Scarcliffe along the same railway. I have turned my attention to the old Clog and Knocker (Langwith Junction to Woodhouse Junction - another branch of the LD&ECR). I am so busy these days that I struggle to get out.

However, it is great to see that someone in the area appreciates good things.