Local radio advertising jingles

One I recall, think it was on Radio Nottingham;

My kind of pint, my kind of pint, yes and it's Shipstones.....................anyone remember it?

To the tune of Cliff Richards' "My kind of life"

Another from good old Trent FM

My mama want new washin' machine,

I say no way

Then I see Hotpoint off peak deals and I say Hooray

And it went on to mention diamond something, probably the make!

Any admin/mod worth their salt would have changed the title for you Paulus.

It's a complicated knock-on effect. :)

Paulus asked for the title of the thread to be changed - which I have done - and changing the title made several of the posts irrelevant or meaningless, because they were referring to something which no longer existed.

Back on track. ;)

Elephant, double elephant, half an elephant, twice.

Voiced by the late, great, Richard Briars.

And then there were those terrible Fossitt & Thorne adverts....:(

Funny really , like probably everyone else, I've got dozens of old cassettes where I used to record the Top 20 chart shows , mainly Radio 1 but I do have a few Radio Trent ones from the 70s . The skill was to stop and start the tape to avoid the adverts and news reports and just get the music faded in and out.

So the old adverts and local news that I would now find interesting is lost and all I have is the old music which is now easy to listen too in much better quality by various means anyway . I'll probably never listen to them and yet am loath to chuck em out !

The Radio Trent chart shows I have were presented by John Peters . I know I had a tape of Dale Winton but despite searching can't locate that one yet .

Karl And The Heidelburgers Featuring Chris (The Mouth) Ashley

Does anybody remember Chris "The Mouth" Ashley and his Saturday afternoon football show. He certainly lived up to his nick-name.

If you do a search on this site there are a number of pictures here of Chris Ashley .

The thing I remember him for , was winding up Badminton players , saying it wasn't a proper sport , he got some quite vocal replies to that one .

At one point when he was in between presenting jobs , he did some labouring for my dad on a building site !

As many of you know on here already I've known Chris personally for many years, we've been to stay with him and his lovely wife Margret on holiday a few times too (He lives in Spain now) and there's one thing I can honestly, hand on heart, state, is that he's one of the nicest blokes you could ever hope to meet.

Whilst I don't know the story that you mention, I'm pretty sure if he did say something about someone with disabilities it wouldn't have been intended to be disparaging.

Here's a couple of photos of him after my kids had finished 'dressing him up' in February this year :-

9172333425_e7ac99a1b4_o.jpg
9172330015_eb4836c22c_o.jpg

Hi Beefsteak

If I remember correctley whatever said was said tongue in cheek, but as usual the do gooder brigade blew it out of all proportion