Hi there!

Me and my friend are looking to move to Nottingham at the end of August. We are struggling to decide between living in Beeston or the city centre. We are 24 and 25 years old young professionals, so we're not looking for the quiet life but we also don't want to live in student areas.

Can anyone help us out? Pros and cons or experiences of living in each would be great to help us decide! We have only had chance to briefly visit each so we're not sure we saw the best (or worst!) of each.

Would really appreciate all comments or recommendations :)

Thaaanks,

Nicky

Welcome Nickypearson

Beeston is not such a bad place but the shopping centre is deteriorating, even Mcdonalds moved out.

You do not say where you will be working?

You say you are struggling to decide between Beeston and the City Centre. Why have you chosen Beeston as one of the options, as opposed to Wollaton or West Bridgford or Carlton or Mapperley or any other suburb?

Difficult one, there are pros and cons about both. Once the tram work is done Beeston should return to something like normal and be in my opinion a better bet than the city centre.

Of course if you are working in the city centre then living there will reduce your commute. I would recommend using public transport to get to the city for work, parking charges are very high.

Anyway, welcome.

All depends on your budget. Do you want an apartment or a house? Will you need car parking? If you need to park a car(s) then avoid the city center as you will be paying a fortune in charges. If you are in Beeston a bike is a very good way to commute into town as you can avoid main roads and it is quicker.

Beeston is a dump, no nice bars, shops....no students either as they relocated to Lenton 10 years ago....thus taking any life Beeston once had with them....a dire depressing place full of Chavs, pawnbrokers and weatherspoons !!!!!!!

• Upvote 1