In Sheffield, we used to meet our dates, outside Coles corner, or outside the old postoffice in flat street.where have nots people met?. I noticed out side the town hall looks such a place.I once has a blind date, her date never turned up, I was an hour late for mine, both ended up going to a pub together, I'll never forget.

In the centre of the pub, stood a large circle of women. Suddenly a man dressed as a gorilla with a banana, came in, and started dancing and interacting with the ladies, then suddenly he took his mask off, it was a husband of one of the women. Should have kept it on, looked much better.

What are your dating memories?. were did you and yer lass meet? or lad?.

We used to call the Lions Charlie & Freddie. Charlie for Craddocks Shoes Side,(corner of King St). Freddie for Farmers Haberdashery Side, (corner of Exchange Walk).

For the tight fisted type it was always at a cinema, 'See You Inside'.

• 1 year later...

Were the lions an important meeting place for you in the Square?

If it was a blind date or you couldnt remember her from the last time, you got an early view of what you were in for. If you were early it was the same strategy for her!

Any experiences?

Richard

• 4 months later...