Thought I was seeing things!

Nottingham Riviera sand heading to Dubai
Tuesday, September 03, 2013

SAND used for the Nottingham Riviera is to be transported to Dubai.

The Mellors Group which runs the summer attraction in Old Market Square has signed a deal with the Global Village.

I think this is a lot of rubbish, the cost alone must be astronomic. It is 4,500 miles by road passing through various countries. I dont think that it would pay you to send it by air either. Is the sand that was used in Nottingham special, as surely there is plenty in Dubai.

I know of a fellow (Seriously ) who did sell sand to the Arabs!!

He ran a road cone manufacturers and exported them to Saudi complete with the sand in the bases that acted as ballast

You wouldn't say it was silly nonsense if you saw the roaring trade it does for the city centre!"

I would love to know how much Mellors pays the city council to take over the square for this silly nonsense.

I did hear that he is a cousin of Herr Collins, if this is correct it's a case of keeping it in the family ????

I did hear that he is a cousin of Herr Collins, if this is correct it's a case of keeping it in the family ????

Maggie got rid of the 'closed shop'...Not when it comes to the Showmans Guild she didn't. I'ts worse than the Mafia.