School rivalry.

Bilborough Grammar and William Crane (now the Samworth Academy). Sometimes there was rivalry with Glaisdale School (now Haddon Park High). I used to just keep out of the way like a true coward.

The rivalry was between Bilborough Grammar and William Sharp schools. William Sharp became the Samworth Academy, sponsored by the University. The rivalry was not just between pupils but also parents. My mum said that when I passed for the Grammar School she "found out who her friends were" on the estate!

went to Players school from 1956 - 1960, took the wife to bilborough, from Eastwood, yesterday, went up Denewood Cres. for notstalgias sake, came to the gates the school is a great big pile of bricks and rubbish, all gone. now i hated that bloody school and every day served there but quite choked when i saw it, weird.

As i say i went to players school in the 50s, my cousins went to w. sharpe school, they lived on Sherborne Rd. next door to the Co-Op, now a bed shop, from what they said not much difference between them.

#27 I think you must be right. As I understand it, there is no school where Crane once stood. Ah yes, we senior boys let a nearby school know who was boss; beat 'em at cricket, football, boxing. William Crane Senior Girls didn't know what had hit 'em!

• Upvote 2

radfordred #31, now being just about the dullest knife in the drawer, thick ya know, i will amend my post #29, As i say i went to Players school in the 50s, my cousins went to CRANE SCHOOL, they lived on Sherborne rd, next door the Co-Op, now a bed shop. From what they said there was not much difference in the schools. i know i put w sharpe school, like i said, THICK

• Upvote 1

That dentist still gives me nightmares sure there was only one treatment ... pull em out!

Always remember leaving there in a balaclava helmet for the walk home trying to keep my tongue out the hole! Then I was only allowed tomato soup!

Catholic school carlton Hill and National School Carlton Hill

We was only juniors but we used to shout Proddy Dogs and they'd shout back Cat Lick Saucers And yet I went to the catholic school and i was a prodestant, typical of kids in them days.

Hi Radfordred. William Sharp school did turn into Samworth Academy. This is the website:

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/impactcampaign/campaignpriorities/nurturingtalent/nottinghamuniversitysamworthacademy/nottinghamuniversitysamworthacademy.aspx

They are sponsored by Nottingham University.

Way back in the 1950s and 1960s I lived opposite the school.