What Don't You Watch?

Nearly forgot :-

"Wentworth Prison"

Twas but a guilty pleasure to watch "Prisoner" (Cell block H was added in the UK so as not to confuse it with the series from the 60's starring Patrick McGowan) back in the late 80's, but you'd be surprised how many of us grown men did watch it, possibly 'cause it was on late at night after we got in from the pub and there was nowt else on !

I very much agree with that memory.

In from the pub, flick on the tv, and there were the wobbly walls of Wentworth to look at while you scoffed your supper, and before you went to bed.

It was, truth be told, terrible, but I watched it right up till the end, just because it was on in the "right" slot.

I feel sorry for all the contestants in BGT and the X Factor. The TV companies are out to entertain. That is their prime purpose. They don't give a s--t if any body wins or loses. They are there to entertain, no matter who gets hurt.

Bring back Fireball XL5 and Dixon of Dock Green (Evening All). The Sweeney and the Professionals.

The only ethernet cable I use is from the router to my computer, the G-Box is WiFi between the router and itself.

MeltonStilton. If I got rid of my TV and severed all means of receiving TV, the licence police would be haunting me for life trying to prove their case.

Over here we have to declare our TV's on our annual tax return, the first time we did not tick the box, saying we had a tele, the taxman sent us a letter saying they will be paying us a visit, to go through our tax return with us, because there was one or two discrepancies.

On the day of the taxman's visit my wife being a bit of a joker, had put a cardboard box she had made into the shape of a TV, in the place where the TV once stood, when the tax man entered, he saw the box and just said on close inspection he cannot find anything wrong with our tax return and left.

Since that day the tax office has never bothered us again............

TV's can be used for computer games or internet VDU's in which case, as long as they are not used to receive live broadcasts, they are not classified as TV's under UK licensing.

Get rid of cable/satellite/TV antennas, and you're clear!

There is nothing stopping anyone in the UK receiving all programming via the internet, as you are only receiving internet coverage on the main TV instead of a puny little monitor.

The other beauty of getting programming via an Android device like the G-Box is NO ADVERTS, so when you want a pee break you have to "pause" the show/movie etc...

:biggrin: Have never sat in front of 'Soaps' - t'would be too boring for me.

Tried the 'X Factor' a couple of weeks back - almost died of BOREDOM; at the programme's end I asked myself why I'd spent so much time on such a trivial, tedious programme - I could have kicked myself! And don't they make such Gods out of these celebrities?

I enjoy a decent film, decent drama and documentaries.

• Upvote 1

This is one place we watch old and new TV shows, check them out. This is only ONE place with a link in XBMC platform, there are dozens, nay hundreds...You can watch almost any show or any movie that's ever been made this way!!

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/

Bilbraborn # 27

I also feel very sorry for the contestants on X Factor and the like. Can't say I gave much thought to them until a couple of years ago when my son met a girl in a bar in South Beach, Miami. She told him she was auditioning for X Factor the next day. She'd already been to an audition in LA and afterwards she'd had a call from the X Factor mob saying that they really liked her and would she fly over to Miami to audition again. Anyway the young lady asked my son to accompany her next day to Miami University as she was all alone. He agreed and was quite looking forward to it, even though he'd only just met her and he'd never heard her sing.

Next morning he drove her to the venue ...... as they got out of the car they were being filmed ....... as she sat eating and drinking she was being filmed ...... my son was filmed looking a little dismayed at her constant chatter back stage. Finally, apparently towards the end of a very long day, she was called on stage. Well, I've seen the Youtube video ...... NOT GOOD !!!!! She was terrible :ohmy: And our poor lad was filmed behind the stage with a look of total horror on his face! The judges were really really horrible to her, yet these same judges apparently asked her to fly from LA to Miami to sing for them again. This girl had nothing, no money, no job, and most distressingly no family to tell her that she could not sing. She used all her money for the flight over there, they never funded it. She was just used for the amusement factor. Very sad. The whole episode was set up, even down to them being filmed getting in and out of the car. It looked like they were leaving in daylight when in fact they left the venue when it was dark. And my son said that the nastiest judge was that Nicole bird who was going out with Lewis Hamilton until recently.

So next time you spend Saturday evening laughing at the poor souls who think they can sing, just feel very sorry for them. They probably were under the impression that the judges thought they were great (first time round).

I shall now try to find the YouTube video of this poor unfortunate, although it's probably been taken off by now because there were some incredibly wicked comments made by idiots who just don't know the background to these rubbish shows.

• Upvote 3

The only ethernet cable I use is from the router to my computer, the G-Box is WiFi between the router and itself.

What is the purpose of the Ethernet cable to the computer in relation to using the G-Box?

The G-Box doesn't connect to the computer, it connects direct to the modem/router, either "tethered" via an ethernet cable, (Cat5) or WiFi.

This is one place we watch old and new TV shows, check them out. This is only ONE place with a link in XBMC platform, there are dozens, nay hundreds...You can watch almost any show or any movie that's ever been made this way!!

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/

Just tried this link, and after trying a download, got hit with several nasties, scanned with Malwarebytes and it picked up 13 infections, on my pc ! so be cautious using this.

I have removed several unwanted programs and toolbars as well ! beware.

That's odd Banjo, Kaspersky never detected anything when I went to that site to get the link, it's a very reliable site all the time.

Easier to say what I DO watch -

Eastenders. & the odd documentary.

The other half is the one who watches the tv most, when we don't have peppa pig on in the back ground!

Wait till littlun gets a bit older. They'll watch the same DVD 2 or 3 times a day. My grand daughter used to constantly watch 'The Parent Trap' until it sent me mad, then it was 'Return to Oz'. My own kids used to watch Rainbow, Chorlton and the Wheelies, Pipkins and Playschool.

There's many of films I love. Mainly cult films - Tim Burton being my favourite. Every year I watch nightmare before Christmas around the Halloween period, his version of Alice and wonderland is one of my favourite films also.

I also love the old films. I have breakfast at tiffany's, alfie and the original oz recorded from film 4 on the tivo box and I often sit and watch them during the day usually when I feel a little under the weather

My daughter sat and watched a whole film for the first time yesterday. Fantastic Mr Fox! She even asked if I could pop it on for her this morning at breakfast, i didn't mind, it's deffinately one of my favourite children's films now.