The rabbit on thread.

Thought for a while that what we need is a place where a person can rabbit on about absolutely anything that comes to mind, without having to hunt for a relevant topic. Want to mention the current weather, sunrise, sunset or no sun at all. What the neighbour said, what your doctor said or what the judge said. What the birds, cats or wolves are doing in your back garden. Anything that has been a particular PITA - that's pain in the a*rse or has made you smile today. Want to get something off your chest or share with others. Well this is where you can do it. No replies necessary.

So why am I sitting here typing at 4.00am. It's because of our stoopid weather.

England has four seasons which seem to gently fade into one another. Where I live days alternate between hot and cold. With the Australian interior being pretty hot, and not far South the Antarctic being somewhat chilly, all it takes is a change in wind direction. So here at 4.00am it's 20 degC plus outside, with a forecast of 14 degC as the maximum for this afternoon. Stoopid, absolutely.

When I used to go to work, often when dressing. I would peer into my wardrobe as I tried to decide whether I should dress for a 10 degC or a 30 degC day. And 90% of the time I would get it wrong. Autumn and Spring have no meaning at all down here. Miss the UK's seasons.

I just found the 'Protected Forum' setting for Members Blogs, ans switched it off.

Such daily comments would best be posted in Members Blogs?

Want to hear my moan. I've got a week off work and caught my grand-daughter's cold. Nothing much but irritating. I wanted to clean out the garage today but can't be bothered.

Yesterday I was walking round town in a short sleeved T shirt.

Today everyone is walking round in overcoats.

A cold wind is blowing in from the north.

I'm sitting here in shorts and tee shirt, and it's warmer your end than here, no, no heat running here, maybe in a few weeks time, 51F, sun coming up and foggy at the moment.

It was only 6 degrees when i took the kids to school this morning. After I had dropped them off I had a bit business dahn tahn, as I drove in I had another 'senior moment' , I was convinced my washers had frozen up (Bright sun on the screen and the recent detritus needed removing) I'd love to know how many people I had flashed my headlights at before I got the right button !!!

I wouldn't mind so much but it's on the other side of the steering column !

Like your avatar! I served 5 years there from '63 to '68.

I trust you are not referring to the penal colony on Collygate Road. Did my time, yur 'onor, between 1955 and 1960, and I am a good person now. :)

We at TB referred to it as 'the enemy camp'.. :)

Have to have a word with the Admins as to whether those from Trent Bridge should be allowed to post comments where decent people post. We have to maintain standards. :)