Page Errors (was Zyma)

Whatever, Ayupmeducks, but we can't expect Mick to carry all the cost to maintain a reliable site and keep us lot amused........or can we ? slywink

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prioritise Mick balls to this go and sort your father in law mate nowt spoiling here that cant be sorted later if they dont like it tough hope they sort him mate

Maybe it's God's judgement on all the bickering and politics that has taken over the site.

Have been back on now for the past 30 minutes or so and it would appear to be working normally. Many thanks to mick2me and his loyal assistants for fixing (?) the problem.

Posted Images

Re: subscriptions. Agree with Aupmeducks. Pay to be a member does tend to kill off websites deemed to be non-essential by potential subscribers. Another option is donations. There are a few sites that faciltate donations requiring just an additional link on the site itself.

Scanning back through the error log associated with my connections to Nottstalgia, the migration wasn't particularly successful from day one. Backups and restores to new hosts invariably introduce corrupt files. Sh*t happens.

In cases like this I have registered an ancillary domain name - say nottstalgia.NET, reinstalled the forum software from scratch as a sub-domain on the host, backed up the database and then restored that to the sub-domain site. Most webhosts allow more than one domain per account, so no additional cost. This approach tends to keep downtime to a minimum.

There is a distinct area of the code that is giving grief - ckeditor. See below: May be possible to reinstall that.

merrors.jpg

and who is responsible for the migration?

My point about the subscription/donation, whatever you wish to call it was simply a means to enable Mick to find another host or, even the old one at 96 quid.

If that is what it takes as a one-off to get the site back up and running properly and without the current issues....so be it.

You cannot expect Mick to shoulder the financial burden alone.

He has put enough of his time and money into Nottstalgia and I think that it is time we as members did something and started to help get this site back on song.

I am not computer orientated so IT help is out and that leaves me with only one avenue in which I might assist.

End of rant.

I am not computer orientated so IT help is out and that leaves me with only one avenue in which I might assist.

I am IT orientated and have offered help Trevor, but sadly offer not taken up. I need access as admin to review IPBoard parameters, but there seems to be an issue there which I don't understand. Mick did give me access to the host CPanel, and if I had been so inclined I could have given myself Admin priviledges directly through the database tools, but as an ethical IT person it wasn't a direction I wished to take.

We need to get to the bottom of the problem

Is it the forum software

Is it the way the forum software is set up?

Is it Crap hosting.

If it is the latter, I want my money back that I paid for the next three years.

What is the problem with CKEDITOR? I take it this is the post compiler?

Latest crop of errors as reported by the hosting CPanel. Note significant memory allocation and processes problems

The IP address 59.167.127.193 is my address when it just crashed on me.

cperrors.jpg

Unfortunately this is taking up too much of my time at the moment.

I am thinking of closing the site until this can be sorted.

I will send Alison a PM as soon as this F'kin system will let me!

Sorry to report that I have been getting continuous 500 error messages this morning when i click on topics and then i am lucky to get back on site. Not sure if i will be able to sign out. Very sorry you are having to deal with these problems, I am sure we would all help if we could. We do appreciate all you are doing.

• Upvote 1

DEAR WIKIPEDIA READERS: To protect our independence, we'll never run ads. We take no government funds. We survive on donations averaging about $15. Now is the time we ask. If everyone reading this right now gave $3, our fundraiser would be done within an hour. We’re a small non-profit with costs of a top 5 website: servers, staff and programs. If Wikipedia is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online and ad-free another year. Please help us forget fundraising and get back to Wikipedia. Thank you.

Just a a quickie, as I am up to carry out some other work.

I heard from the hosting support. They can offer me some 'Business Hosting' (no doubt more expensive)

Thats how they all do it, advertise unlimited server space and bandwidth, but what they dont tell you

is how much CPU and server operating Memory you get?

If we have a problem with usage that can be addressed, then that has to be done first.

I am setting up access for Alisoncc, but at the moment I have some paperwork to prepare by friday morning.

Hence the reason I am on now.

Mick, please don't sign any agreement involving extra costs until at least I've had a chance to look at the configuration. I do not believe that the site is generating enough traffic to warrant any additional resources. They just need to be better organised.

Alison

Couldn't gerrin a few back, kept gerrin this message....

"

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@nottstalgia.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Yes I was getting that.

I had changed '.htaccess' file to block bad bots.

Deleted additions and the site returned :)

I have also limited bots crawl rate in robots.txt

Hi Mick2me

Sorry to say i have just started getting the usual problems again, it was alright first thing but i can't get any response from the refresh button,i have to go out of Nottstalga and start again. Very Sorry.