Bought another Kelly's directory today dated 1950 it was one of the last that Kelly's produced for Nottingham & Shire

A tad pricey at £58.

But I will be able to answer one or two more queries

or settle yet more arguments. :)

• Upvote 2

Re #1, Bubblewrap

I read your post and typed Kelly's Directory 1950 into Google just to see what came up, i just added my surname and the area my ancesters lived in and a random date of 1920 to see what came up. It was really interesting, i found the occupation of at least eight of them, it seems that they either worked in some form of alcohol retail shops and The Shakespear Pub in Nottingham, Coincidence as i kept a Beer Off through the 1970s, it must be in our blood. Also some of the females with my surname either worked in or ran shops around the St Annswell road. Very interesting,Thankyou.

Just a slight alteration to my post above, I think I read the information wrong concerning the Shakespeare pub. I have had another look and it could be Goldsmiths Arms on Shakespeare St 1877 a James Comery, also Red Lion On Manvers St 1854 a William Comery. I have never seen these Directories before so put me right if i have got it wrong please. :)