I think this has been mentioned before...dunno where...What's happened to members locations?. I can't remember which are from Oz or the USA. any more.

I'm ok 'cos I altered my avatar to mention where I'm from. Can't the locations be brought back on the posts?

• Upvote 1

ive been wondering what had happened to them but with so many changes recently its sometimes hard to tell

When we were having problems with the site not loading properly, mick2me removed several functions to try to discover the cause of problem. Trouble is...once he'd removed certain things he couldn't work out how to put them back again!

There are two things which I've noticed no longer appear; at the bottom of each thread you can't see who - if anyone - else is also reading it at the same time. And on the front page which lists who has visited today, you can't see who is logged in at that particular moment.

But at least the loading problem has now cleared up, so maybe we should be grateful for that.

Member location display against post should use minimal resources, but I cant see where to reinstate it as it was probably part of a server economy setting.

Messing too much could cause problems again.

Its possible our host has increased the CPU allowance without telling me.

Possibly originallyhoping I would pay more for the upgrade.

Though I am informed by our software support there should be no server overload anyway.

Just checked on our hosting panel.

Resource Usage Overview
Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours
CPU resources were limited for your site
You have reached entry processes (number of simultaneously running php and cgi scripts, as well as cron jobs and shell sessions) limit 20 times

CPU Usage is still peaking to 100%

Virtual memory is running at 0.5GB/4GB, with one peak of 1GB/4GB

Just checked on our hosting panel.

Resource Usage Overview
Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours
CPU resources were limited for your site
You have reached entry processes (number of simultaneously running php and cgi scripts, as well as cron jobs and shell sessions) limit 20 times

CPU Usage is still peaking to 100%

Virtual memory is running at 0.5GB/4GB, with one peak of 1GB/4GB

Thank God for that...I thought it was something technical :Fool:

• Upvote 2