Here's an ard un!

Rather confusing to see a Nottingham art deco cinema stood in such spacious surroundings - most were tightly built around.

I'll take a guess for the Rio, Oakdale Road, Bakersfield.

Cheers

Robt P.

Sorry Rob.. but I did say it was an ard un!

although it did exist in an area of Nottingham, it's not a cinema that would have been frequented by most..

but nevertheless it did exist, and it was in Nottingham.. if you liook closely you will see Reg the photographer's bike leaning against the wall. the bike being a feature in quite a few of his Nottingham snaps ..

Not the Commodore

That had the well thought out name of the 'Aspley'

One of the few suburb cinema's that wasn't of 20's/30's art deco design.

As the locals would sometimes say, "Warehouse from the outside, whorehouse on the inside"

Sorry ladies.....

Cheers
Robt P.

Seeing as the location and name of the cinema may have been a tad obscure, I've provided another clue ..

in this photo the workmen have nailed the nameplate back onto the turret, thus now it only remains to find the location of where it once stood.

NCCC000979.jpg

• 6 years later...

A Netherfirld Cinema was discussed on here a while back. There was a small one round the back of Wright Street near the station.

ritz burton rd

regal station rd

and as loppylugs says cosy in netherfield.

went to them all but cozy closed down when i was quite youg so dont remember much of the inside but they used to call it the bug hole. but i remember the outside of the building well,