Fine day today, with a little warmth in the sun. Took advantage to strim the end of the garden; also pruned a big elder, set a short Snowberry hedge and trimmed a snowberry and fuchsia hedge.

• Upvote 2

Finished weeding the centre island in my garden and filled in all the holes made by the pesky little varmints what ate most of my muscari!!! Then sat in my apple tree to take in the sun. Glorious day today

Fed the pond fish today. Many of the baby fish seem to have survived the winter. The three adult fish even seem to have put on a little growth.

Having suffered from sciatica for the last 6 months or so, I felt quite a bit better yesterday. Went for the longest walk I have taken in a long time - not a marathon by any means, but two or three miles (without feeling that I was walking on broken glass, and my legs about to collapse under me). Nice afternoon - took the bus up to Stanton by Dale, then walked along the road to Dale Abbey. Just right - and no adverse after effects. May take a walk across Wollaton Park this afternoon.

• Upvote 2

Lit the patio chiminea, had Shropshire Blue cheese on Walkers Scottish Biscuits. Fed a robin the crumbs. Brilliant!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Dug out two compost heaps, spread and hoed it. Refilled compost bins with loads of organic waste accumulated since last autumn. Trimmed borders, so warm, just in T shirt and jumper. Just sat down with a bottle of Sharps Doom Bar. Must get some brownie points tonight when madam gets home. I hope!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Yup,

Lovely weather here in West Mids as well. It certainly lifts the spirits. We had a nice cycle ride and fed the Ducks and Moor Hens, and us as well! Plenty of people out and about, walking their dogs and just enjoying the good weather. Not a cloud in the sky....Scorchio :tanning:

Nothing surprises me with these retards.

The council are putting up a sign nearby this morning - it is blowing a severe gale and pishing with rain. I shall have to go out later and see what was so important that it had to be done in these weather conditions. Will report back.

Well, I have taken a look at the new signs erected by the council during a storm yesterday. They read "New Crossing layout ahead".....The new layout was completed almost a year ago!