I just got back from the hairdresses, ( I thought I'd doll mi sen up a bit for our do tomorrow). The young lady doing my locks was very nice and attentive.

After hearing my Notts Accent, and recognising me because of it, the other hair dresser leaned over and with an unsmiling sneer said...Oh, did you used to be Christine? WHAT. You have changed a lot in the last 2yrs, and eyeing my naturely occurring greyish mop,she added...Didn't you used to be BLONDE. I feel really good now. I'm surprised she still works there! Lol

If the photo of you dancing with your husband is anything to go by, you're a very attractive lady, carni. People, like the hairdresser, only make comments like this because they are jealous so her comments should make you feel good.

Thank you both for your comments. Some things I have learnt through my life is not to let peoples comments hurt, as they would have done when I was younger. Some times it's best to think things and not say them, unless they really need to be said. I was not hurt by her comments, in fact it tickled me. Anyway, she was no oil painting. Oh Dear, Behave your self Christine. I don't recall them offering me Pensioners Rate either!.

• Upvote 3

The age thing is a bit of an illusion. I remember how I thought in my earlier days and though I might not agree with myself now, I can understand at my present age why I thought it.

I must admit I got fed up of touching up the roots last year. I used to have brown hair, added low lights and hightlights to hide the creeping grey - which started at 16! I never had black roots, just white....my halo I used to call it. The last few years I had it lightened, so that the halo was less noticeable, then last year I decided to let it all grow out. Had it cut to my shoulders and hey presto I am now a totally natural platinum blonde!!! Well that's what I like to call it. Looks great with my pointy hat slywink

Age is a state of mind and not the colour of your hair....and I bet she won't look as good as you when she reaches our age....if she ever does snidey so and so!

• Upvote 4

Well I had brown hair and for years spent hours in the hairdressers having highlights put it and then one day many years ago my husband asked when I got home if I'd actually been to the salon. That was it as far as I was concerned ..... the next time I went I had the whole lot blonded and ever since only had me roots done. Simple! Think there could be a lot of hidden grey in there now though, with all the worry he gives me!

• Upvote 4

dose she own the salonif not report her rudenessshe proberly jelous of you anyway you enjoy lifeand do something with it