overtime ruling.

Am I being negative but why all of a sudden is holiday pay going to be linked to overtime ,is this yet another decision being made indirectly through the European laws ,or is it a case where migrant workers get their way,or is it simply that for a change it is a unbiased decision based on the hard work of the British workforce,the latter would be nice ,or am I simply being thick and have missed something obvious.

Nothing to do with Europe and nothing to do with foreigners. Purely a UK decision.

People will now get holiday pay based on hours they have worked. Businesses don't like it because they used to get away with ignoring some overtime which staff were working.

• Upvote 1

This is an interesting case.

How does it affect people who are now retired, can they go back to previous employers and claim?

Smiffy

But you should get extra holiday pay for extra hours worked melisa I think.when have the workers in this country ever got anything without a fight,it's got to be some to do with equal opps or the like.

Only foreigners work long hours apparently that's why their countries are so rich ,and successful.

I absolutely sick of people interfering with our affairs,will we ever get a country that is free in the way it was intended by the people that fought for it and worked there lifetime for what we have.

I apologised if you think this is political to me it's just fact.

• Upvote 1

That refers to people who get part of their earnings through commission. The original case was holiday pay and nothing to do with Europe.

I agree they should be reimbursed. Hopefully it doesn't cause too many redundancies. I am lucky. My firm are brilliant with holiday pay.