Some pointless pictures.

Here are a few pointless pictures; posted because the tide is wrong for fishing this morning and I've nowt better ter do:

Ma peedie hoose, seen from 'e sooth:

IMG_1561.JPG?gl=GB

Otter pooh on a rock:

IMG_1557.JPG?gl=GB

Sun going down over Loch Watten, Caithness at three o'clock in the afternoon, yesterday 3/12/14:

IMG_1550.JPG?gl=GB

Class 158 set approaching Watten Station from the west:

IMG_1541.JPG?gl=GB

More pooh on a bigger rock. Otters leave their "Spraint" on exposed rocks as a marker:

IMG_1555.JPG?gl=GB

A tree:

IMG_1560.JPG?gl=GB

Turbine sunrise this morning:

IMG_1568.JPG?gl=GB

This is where my local otters live. The east end of Loch Watten with the village in the distant background:

IMG_1538.JPG?gl=GB

Anyone else have any pointless pictures to share?

• Upvote 9

I'm right in the middle of changing phone & bb servers, on tuesday morning I had a BT phone call from a very nice irish lady (makes a change from radio india!) and I explained the 'changeover time' was midnight last night so what do BT do? they pulled the plug at 9am yesterday morning even though the bill is paid to the 18th. Red light still on the new router at 9am this morning so a premium rate call on the mobile to chase up TalkTalk and the 'green' lights just come on,10.50am, on the router but phones still dead! Try the computer and the first post I try is Compo's pictures. Brilliant!!!

THANK YOU Compo for bringing my temper level down almost to normal. going back for another look now Ta-ra

• Upvote 2

For the Pianoman: Here's another of the same machine taken a few seconds before, looking in the opposite direction:

IMG_1539.JPG?gl=GB

• Upvote 2

PeverilPeril: There is an article in this week's Caithness Courier about the trout fishing in Loch Watten. Apparently, it has not been so good this past couple of years. They are blaming an infestation of Canadian Pondweed for the recent decline. See my additional picture of the train (just posted in this topic). You can see a whole swathe of pondweed washed ashore. It is like this all around the loch now.

• Upvote 1

Nice photos Compo. The train would have looked better if it was an old Caledonian tank hauling ancient wooden 6 wheeled coaches.

#7 Canadian pondweed is rife everywhere due to extra sunlight. It is a great oxygenator and gives cover for aquatic life. Unless it attains complete cover it should not harm the fish but it makes fishing difficult. I have had to clear my ponds several times this year.