maps of buildings/farms in CARLTON 1850 - 1950

Welcome to nostalgia craigandkaya I'm a Carltonian as yer might have guessed with (Karlton) born in Kirks Buildings and the bleddy house is still standing. Enjoy yer stay, I haven't been on nostalgia meself very long, they're a good crowd.and very welcoming.

• Upvote 3

It might be of interest for you to know that I worked for Mr Pearson on his farm at the top of Southcliffe road when I was about 8 year s old helping with the milk round. I don't know if you remember the farm there, just below there onthe same side there was a bomb shelter. and opposite that stood a row of terraced houses called 'New Row' hope it will be of interest.

I don't know if you remember the farm there, just below there onthe same side there was a bomb shelter. and opposite that stood a row of terraced houses called 'New Row' hope it will be of interest.

And I hope this might be of interest as well.

newrow.jpg

Cliff Ton#11

Thanks fer that mate. New row had front gardens that stretched right down to Southcliffe Road and many of them used to fetch the cow muck from the farm.