Help needed.I have tried posting this query in Computer Help Forum, but I can't get the Post option?

I was wondering if anyone could give instructions on how to add Short Cuts to my Desk Top. I don't have a clue! Thankyou for your time and any help. I am not very up on Computer Terms, so if you could explain in simple words, there is a slight chance I may understand.

Sorry to disappoint anyone with my misleading title, I'm afraid all of the alleyways, secret paths and hidden cut throughs that I knew of, have long gone since I left Nottingham. Mostly taken away with the demolition and Modernisation!

It is a different Nottingham to the one I remember from my beginnings. I still love the City though, and am proud to be from there.

And maybe........somewhere out there, there is a secret path or alleyway holding memories for me, that has survived the 1960's destruction.

catfan, thanks for the instructions. I had to just add a little bit more to it, and I have managed to add a short cut. Thanks agen duck.

They are what we call our senile routes when we are out and about loppylugs :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Twitchels,thats a good old word Stephen,.........i lived up a 'cul-de-sac' on Old Bestwood estate,......did'nt realise i could speak French til i was much older.

• Upvote 2

Benjamin - gag from Meccano Magazine (mid 1950s).

PC : "Sorry sir, you can't park your car here,"

Man : "But officer, this is a cul-de-sac!"

PC : "I don't care if its a Rolls Royce - you still can't park it here."

• Upvote 1

Yes loppy,.......i lived up the 'cul-de-sac' (which obviously was a dead end,).......but we just refered to it as the 'cul-de-sac' as kids not realising it was a French term,...........know what i mean?...

• Upvote 1

The whole of Netherfield was a cul de sac. Railways on three sides and the Trent down't bottom. The street I grew up on had a railway line and a fence at the bottom of it so it too was a cul de sac.

Good grief! I'm just a natural for dead ends.

• Upvote 1