Does anyone know where Carlton Chapel is, please. Funeral service this Thursday.

Thanks Commo. Looks like that might be the one because the interment is at the cemetery after the service. Will risk it.

Both my parents funeral services were held in the Chapel at Carlton Cemetery .

Both born in Carlton in 1913 but they had moved away to Warwicks (via Mapperley) through work in the 60s . However it was their desire to be buried at Carlton and it was easiest to use the chapel there for the service .

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know where Carlton Chapel is, please. Funeral service this Thursday.

There used to be a chapel at the top of Carlton hill near the recreation ground, but not sure if its still there now. Me nand Mrs Karlton are going to a funeral tomorrow at bramcote so I might check it out for my own interest too, being down here in lincs. for fifteen years as you know there can be a lot of changes. I had an uncle in Hastings street who had a sermon there when he passed on many many years ago.

Both my parents funeral services were held in the Chapel at Carlton Cemetery .

Both born in Carlton in 1913 but they had moved away to Warwicks (via Mapperley) through work in the 60s . However it was their desire to be buried at Carlton and it was easiest to use the chapel there for the service .

Mine too, We lived on Park Rd about 300 yards away.

• Upvote 1

PeverilPeril what number Park Rd did you live . My mum was born at number 6 . Apparently , I'm told, if you look closely enough, near the door , you can just about see where she scratched her initials ( DH ) in the brickwork in the 1920s !

• Upvote 1

1955 , that would be about the time my grandmother would be leaving Park Rd .I barely remember that house but we did visit my mums godmother , called Mrs Haslam at number 2 (or number 4) , right up to the 1970s.

Inside it was a proper victorian timewarp but always immaculate .

Both my parents are buried in Carlton Cemetetery and used the chapel there. we lived in Kirks buildings which was rented from a Mrs Dunlevy

and some of the old houses are standing today I remember some of the neighbours a Mr and mrs Newton, Harry Daykin, Sid Daykin, Mr anb Mrs Knight, Mrs Hawkins, Mrand Mrs King Mr and Mrs Foreman. Mr and Mrs Ludlow, Mr and Mrs Thorley.

And Mr and Mrs Thraves. Mrs Ludlow had a son Billy and daughter Joyce Two more lads Paul an Michael.