Pedometer challenge

Crikey it's a week since I last posted, where has the time gone?

Last week was a bit of a blur as we were getting ready for our Prince's Countryside Fund fundraising day with me drawing the treasure hunt map and making the guess the weight of the cake tractor cake, photos of which I would post but since changing to this laptop seem to have lost the ability to post photos, so will have to wait until we have our proper pcs available again.

So here are my weekly stats

Wednesday 22/7 - 7171

Thursday 23/7 - 7245

Friday 24/7 - a very wet day and the start of our weekend off, which saw us taking 3 hours to get to Scampton where we were spending the weekend in the RAF contact house (and very nice it was too) Weather was atrocious and road hold ups a nightmare 4760 steps

Saturday 25/7 - Off to see Mum in the morning and to take her shopping, then a visit from Samantha and our grandson Alex in the afternoon who live at Scampton followed by a walk to the park for slides and swings, 5967 steps (nearly made my 6000)

Sunday 26/7 - a stay at home day to cook Sunday Roast for Sam and Alex before heading off back to Sandringham so very low steps as it was a very wet day again, on the plus side we did get a glimpse of a couple of fly pasts from 3 of the Arrows (or possibly it was 9 of them coming in to land in 3's) Steps total 2838

Monday 27/7 - back to work and an office day so low steps to start with and another miserably wet day, but fortunately it dried out enough for a walk in the evening 6004 steps, learned that the fundraising was a bit of a washout with low numbers, thankfully we had just organised a few indoor activities and managed to raise £155, some sites had to cancel their outdoor events, so even £155 was a bonus.

and so back to the present, quite a busy day yesterday being on cleaning duty and head of Site Ops turning up for a spot check (the wardens were on their day off so John and I had to show him around....gulp) Fortunately I was looking gainfully employed when he arrived being in the middle of washing the office floor following a milk spillage :) Hopefully his visit was fruitful and we made a good impression of knowing what we were talking about, we shall no doubt find out when the RM visits in a couple of weeks, anyway total step count for yesterday = 6853

So that's me back up to date. Well almost, yesterday also saw us exchange contracts on our new house, whoop whoop. Completion date set for 10th August, so excitement is starting to build at last.

Hope you ear problems clear up soon Carni, you are still getting some good tallies in though, well done for persevering :)

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another busy day at Sunny: and very Windy Lytham St Anns. From 12oclock, we have been cycling or walking all afternoon: and I have finally used my Pedometer properly. Most days I have been forgetting

Feel like I'm missing out on the fun (?) here. Better get myself a pedometer and walk the dog more often.

Today my fellow Pedometerists, we have excelled ourselves. We have been working up to attempting our Lytham St Anns to Clevelys cycle ride all week,and today the wind was calmer so we took the plunge

in spite of all the slow days you say you are having you both seem to be adding to the step count,I have been a bit busy office wise this week but have managed to get 9142 on Monday and 8303 for yesterday,I must admit though it has been a bit of a chore,got my laptop sorted today by a company whizkid who came to site to set up a new weighbridge system,things were a bit slow for him so I asked if he would look at me laptop,got my recovery discs from Acer I says to him and left it to him,well an hour later he came to my office with said laptop working spot on,great says I, oh by the way he says,"didn't need the recovery discs did it all from my laptop" £51.05 for discs,never mind I have them should it go wrong in the future,should get a few steps in tomorrow as it's the monthly boundary inspections of the site,(probably rain)

Keeeeep stepping all,Nottstalgia probably has the fittest posters of any web site

Rog

Well done to you both. Working full time and trying to keep track of your steps must be very awkward at times, but at least we have learnt from the challenge that keeping active is the main thing. Which leads me to my activities for today, which have been practically non existant. Apart from a quick car ride to the shops this morning, I have been sofa bound.

The Doc has put me on Tramadol, to ease the earache, he can't see anything, so he thinks it is nerve endings, (the problem is long standing and flares up every so often) Basically, the painkillers only just ease the pain, but the side effects have knocked me of my feet. I have not bothered to put my Ped on today, as I have been out of action nearly all day, couldn't even manage a little cycle ride today. So it's a big Nil from me today. I will be on my Bike at every opportunity, but today there was no chance.

Keeeeep Stepping everyone. :biggrin:

Aw Carni, Tramadol is like bringing out the big guns, I really hope this gets sorted soon. Don't let it get you down chuck, just carry on taking it easy.

Rog you are an inspiration for an office work day, I can't even get 8000 steps on an outside day at the moment, mind you it might help if the blooming rain stopped.

Office day for me, but I got the cleaning bug so decided to scrub the back office floor ( probably due to yesterdays milk spillage and the lingering smell of sour milk..yuk), and did some mountaineering up a step ladder to clean the light diffusers (hubby has a bad back so I wouldn't let him go up). Finished off the day with an evening walk round the site to check all is well as we are now running full every day and have had a complaint about a child kicking a football around, so total count for today is 6154.

• Upvote 1

lap top still not 100% so writing this from works computer,shhh, bit of a mish mash of steps to report but here we go Fri= 7818,Sat= 8974,Sun=10091,Mon=9242

Up a bit on Sunday because we had a lovely day out in York so plenty of walking around the sites and the wall, Friday was not all that good as I had to take the sites bank money to Horncastle and it was my half day so some of the afternoon was sat in the Sainsbury's car park while Mrs P did the shopping,I don't like going around shops so I wait in the truck watching the young ladies go by,Mrs P don't know that but if she did she would probably laugh and tell me to grow up,yesterday one of our top bosses came to site so most of the day was in the office listening and trying to look as if I knew what I was on about,it paid off because he went away quite happy,

Well must get some work done so I'll say keep stepping all and keep those pedometers ticking over

Rog

• Upvote 1

Gosh it's been a while since I posted, almost a week again. What with the site being so busy now so we just sleep at night, and going away on our days off so we have no internet for a couple of days at a time the days are just flying by. So I'll just bring up my Fitbit website and get my past weeks steps from there.

BRB

So after several hours I at last have my stats from last week.

Thursday... cleaning day and then half day off so we went shopping but I forgot to take my fitbit with me so only 2988 steps recorded from the morning, need to add 1 hours shopping!!

Friday, not much better, 3813 but we were on duty and so in the office, to tired to go for a walk later as I had been standing all day (also developed a sore knee)

Saturday, much better, new staff arrived (other colleagues retired) so I did the welcome to Sandringham meal (another steamboat) and this after a cleaning and sweeping up around the buildings day totalled 8356 steps.

Sunday , not so good again being a very busy office day, we tend to have more arrivals on a Sunday than a Friday, but a close encounter of a slithery kind, when a grass snake wrapped itself round my ankle when I went into our shed probably helped boost the steps a little to 4177!!

Monday,cleaning day and pitch tidy up, then off to Scampton in the evening for a couple of days R&R in the contact house = 9529

Tuesday, probably the best for along while, then again my daughter Sam and I did go and spend 6 hours shopping in Lincoln while the car had its MOT :)

and then BMW had to fess up to scuffing the bumper oops! So work to be done by them in a few weeks time. Bet the MOT person was mortified, but hey ho these things happen and generally they give excellent service at Sopers. Babysitting in the evening with young Alex who fell asleep on my knee, bless him, while Sam and Ryan had a long awaited night out (He having just returned from 4 months on detachment in the Falklands) 11,714 steps.

And so today, return to Sandringham, shopping (for food this time) in Kings Lynn and a general lazy day, thwarted by rain this evening so no walk done and a lowly 4879 steps. Back to work tomorrow and the start of the countdown to our next day off which is also when we complete on our house sale and will be flying up the A17 to collect the keys :)

Happy stepping everyone

• Upvote 2

Busy Lady darkazana, I bet you did a few quick steps with your close encounter, I would like to have been in ear shot,(No closer though).

It looks as if you all had a good day on Tuesday one way or another. I bet you were Sam and Ryons favourite person for giving them the opportunity for a night out, and i'm sure it was a pleasure for you; having Alex fall asleep on your knee. Good luck with the house moving. I'm sure you will have a good step count that day. I'll be back on track after my Holiday, but in the meantime..... Keeeeep on Stepping.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. My ear problem finally settled down, and I will be having another 72hr heart monitor attached on 28th August to see what the new happenings are there. Apart from that, I am in Looe and feeling good.

Combined with dieting and the Pedometer challenge, at my weigh in yesterday, I had lost the 22lb that I put on over the last year. So you can imagine how thrilled I was.There is still some puppy fat to lose, but that will go as I get older. :biggrin: There will be no cycling for a week but I have brought my Pedometer with me. Yesterday we walked around Looe, on and off all day, and I was amazed at how quickly the steps added up. 10.085 steps.

I will keep a record of my daily total and post at the end of my Hols, as the signal here is very hit and miss. So. One happy pedometerist signing off for now.

Keeeeep Steppin everyone. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Oh-oh! It is eleven days between postings about pedometers - the novelty must be wearing off. Wont be long before we see lots of pedometers for sale on Ebay. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Chulla, We are still around. We have been donning our Pedometer gear and having secret meetings. You know the kind, One leg rolled up, one trainer/one shoe and special hand shakes.

Want to join us. slywink

• Upvote 1

OK carni, if that is the routine then we will expect you to conform to it at the next meet-up on September 2nd.

Secret Meetings Only. If too many people see us, there will be all kinds of riff-raff wanting to join. Any way seriously, The Pedometor Challenge has been brilliant for me, it gave me motivation when I needed it, and also an added interest when we cycle.

I expect the other pedometorists are still checking their daily totals, but only need to post occasionally now for an up date.

Anyway Chulla, If we bring the cycles to Nottingham in the future, you can hop on Chris's Croggy for a quick spin round the Arboretum. :biggrin:

OK, but only if the croggy doesn't have the three-speed Sturmey-Archer gear-change lever sticking up on it.

I've had to ease off with the excersise for a few week now, had a health issue rear it's ugly head, still walking and gentle cycling but not as much as I was before.

Had every test known to man a couple of weeks ago and now awaiting to have a ct brain scan, not as bad as it sounds hopefully, they think it might be a mini stroke that I had, but scared the bejesus out of me at the time.

Good news about the ear problem almost sorted and the weight loss is great,not all down to the challenge though I should imagine over 90% is down to will power and the female determination we all hear about well done, sorry to hear of you health problems Banjo. take it steady mate and as you say still doing the gentle excersise,keep us upto date with your health problem,I'm sure it's just a glitch somewhere and nothing to worry about too much.

My step count this week has been hit and miss as there have been several audits taking place at work and they nearly all mean checking through paperwork which in turn means office bound,step counts: Mon= 9215,Tues=8010,Wed=8356,Thurs=8784 Fri=7356 Sat=7948, Friday and Saturdays were spent driving a Wheeled loading shovel as the regular operator is off sick so to keep prooduction figure up I have a go,(keeps your eye in),

Didn't feel the need to post our step count daily as didn't want to bore some members with our stats slywink

Keeeeeeep stepping

Rog

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I managed to keep a record of my daily walk about during the week spent in Looe. Most of our steps were gained during mine and Chris's morning ritual of traipsing to the car park to top up for the day, we could have paid for the week but the saving was only £5, besides it was always a pleasant walk and used up a few calories before the onslaught of the days munching began.

We were limited with the walking as our daughter can only walk so far on crutches due to arthritis, she can manage to stroll slowly around the shops, so most of our week was spent in and out of the little boutiques around Looe or touring by car.

The first three days weather was beautiful and the last three it rained all day. Not a problem, because our daughter and granddaughter kept us amused with their comical antics. Most of them unprintable.

Anyway. Stop the rambling (excuse the pun) back to my step count. The overall weekly total worked out at between 9/10,000 a day, which I am happy with, considering the weather stopped play three days! Yesterday we started our cycling again, quite a long ride, two and a half hours making 9,765 steps and just managed one and a half today before the heavens opened making 5,859. I haven't had my Ped on, I bloomin' forgot. Will start to add a weekly post instead of daily as it will be interesting to see a weekly total. Anyway Pedometerists. Keeeeep Steppin' it's doing you good.

• Upvote 1

good post Carni,sounds like you had a good time, last weeks steps for me were'nt too bad either, mon=9621,Tues=10580,Wed=8985.Thurs=10211,Fri=8010,Sat 8256 Sun=9741

Saturday PM spent cleaning and polishing car,(pickled it down with rain at night though) Sunday grass cutting and strimmering the area of field just over the fence from my garden,

plenty of walks around the quarry site taking in the wildlife whilst carrying out boundary inspections and dig face inspections so plenty of scope for more walking when i get time

Keeeep stepping all you know it's doing you good, by the way Darkazana should be in her new house by now so expect some posts from her soon now she's in new walking territory

Rog

• Upvote 2

Hello fellow peds, just checking in from New York (home at last) Now wading through thousands of boxes on the couple of days a week that we get off, but having got the kitchen, lounge and boudoir set up first we have sanity to retreat too. The good news is whilst unpacking I am averaging 10,000 steps a day so obviously moving house must be good for you!!!!!! ;) Sorry Chulla no way will I be giving up my Fitbit, it keeps me on track with my fight against diabetes.

Seriously though I'm sorry to hear you have been poorly Banjo, hope you are on the road to recovery. And glad to hear you are so much better Carni.

I have missed a few postings recently though I have been lurking. We are very busy at the site, being full everyday during the school hols and most evenings I have spent just relaxing with my tapestry in the 'van, and of course days off have been busy here sorting out our new house which I absolutely love.

The day we took over the house we had lunch and dinner at The Leagate Inn, just down the road. Another fabulous pub. Last weekend was back to the Bluebell for Sunday Lunch. Its good to know we have some great pubs around full of really friendly folk, which adds to our excitement. Today we are off to Horncastle to scour the antique shops for a Victorian hall stand, so more steps expected and lots more fun to come.

Enjoy your steps folks

• Upvote 2

Nice to read that you are getting settled in your new home darkazana; I get the feeling you will be very happy there in New York. I am fairly sure Horncastle should have your Hall Stand somewhere, judging by the amount of Antique Shops there.

We used to visit quite often during the years we had our Static Caravan at Skeggy. The problem was trying to control myself when I saw things I liked, not very successful i'm afraid. I'm looking forward to reading your ambling stories when you get properly settled in your new home.

I too, will carry on with my step counting, as it does give added incentive to get out and about, most of my days activities don't vary much from one day to another now, but it is good to look at the totals and see what effort has been put in. I will add my daily counts together and start to post my overall daily average on Sundays from now on, instead of a daily report.

Best wishes in your new adventure darkazana, and nice to read your post.

• Upvote 1

Step count for the week,Mon 7458,(lazy day at work shhh) Tues, 9020,Wed 10541,Thurs, 9828,Fri 8647,Sat 7236 (lazy day at home shhh) Sun 11649 Walking over Humber bridge and around Hessle,today,8147 walking around Meadowhall looking for this "must have" trouser suit to go with the others in the wardrobe

Keep stepping everyone you knoe it makes sense

Rog

Busy busy week with all the final week holiday makers, Home for the day yesterday, more boxes unpacked, 4 rooms now sorted and ready for painting (one day!!!)

So steps for the week Monday 9343, Tuesday (last weeks day off and unpacking)10278, Wednseday, Horncastle visiting antique shops and hunting for a hallstand. No hallstand found, but we did get a barometer and Wellington Mantle clock so not a bad day, 11004. Thursday back to work and on duty 3009, Friday cleaning day 7489, Saturday 6206, Sunday5968

Wish I could have a lazy day and still get 7000 steps Rog,

Looking forward to yoga starting again next week too as it's getting darker earlier so my jaunts around the woods are becoming fewer, though lots of scraping of pitches expected when the leaves begin to fall. Oh well that will make a change from raking up the cones :)

Keep busy everyone

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday was a lot of time in airports and on planes, but despite that and after walking round Boston in the evening, managed 15,266 steps. Today we really hoofed it around the City, now got me jammies on and in bed and my ped says I've done 29,639 steps today. Phew. More walking in the morning before we board our ship.

• Upvote 4

Phew, I bet your feet are on fire,well done, waiting for me new ped to arrive, I'd like to think I wore the other one out but after dropping it I think I might have killed it

Rog

• Upvote 1