10th Anniversary 7/7 London Bombings

Today is the 10th anniversary of the London Transport Bombings. Fifty-two people lost their lives and many hundreds were injured in this atrocity. There will be a national minutes silence at 11.30 this morning. My thoughts are with the survivors and the families of victims.

• Upvote 6

Sooo proud of everyone, including my own family who got of the bus early and walked to work....in memory of the innocent who lost their lives, and to show the world we are not beaten, we walk together....

• Upvote 5

We'll never forget as the date coincides with my missus's birthdày, I'm sitting in the garden eating lunch having got home from work, I've put up bunting for tonight's party but as I write this I can hear the sound of sirens from the local emergency services, I hope those twisted terrorist/anarchist pieces of filth aren't attempting to celebrate iñ 'style'!!!

• Upvote 2

We will NEVER EVER give in.

• Upvote 2

The really sad thing (apart from the terrible loss of life) is that this sort of thing it is still going on now (10 years after the event)...

Why has this been allowed to carry on for this amount of time and is still happening now, a full 10 years later !?

The 2nd World War lasted for about 5 years and was eventually "sorted" by a combined operation to destroy an evil regime.

Will it still be going on in another 10 years when we mark the Tunisian tragedy?

Something needs to be done now by a big short term combined effort to "sort" things out.

• Upvote 1

Nuke em. The rising sun didn't look so bright when it was done to Japan........

Ok then, deport anyone with a suntan in winter........ Yet again, only joking.

• Upvote 1

Seriously though, what the hell is NATO doing.

• Upvote 1

Hold on... both Germany & Japan eventually came out on top after the last conflict.

Maybe a one way ticket on a trip to Mars for anyone who thinks violence is the solution to anything?

• Upvote 2