Win a pint of Compo's Platform End Bitter!

Distances and sizes can be deceptive if you have nothing to show perspective. This scene is bigger than you might think, so sake a look at this picture that I took in north Sutherland on Tuesday and see if you can spot two men. first to spot them and correctly identify their position within the photo wins a pint of Compo's Platform End bitter (but you'll have to collect it):

IMG_3463_zps5mafo0d5.jpg

• Upvote 1

12 cms in from the right and 5 cms down from the top - there is a white dot visible and there are two men in dark clothing...one either side of the white dot...looks like they are on a track that is running around the hill.

For your information, on my screen, the photograph is 28x19cms

The hills are called the Griams. The one you can see is Ben Griam Mor and the one I'm standing on is Ben Griam Beg. (Mor = large and Beg = small). Thje distance between the hills is about two miles.

The one with blue eyes should tell the other that his shoelace is undone.

Do you have Xray vision Chulla? They have their backs to you :)

• Upvote 1

That picture reminds me of how beautiful Sutherland and Ross are. Must get back up there to do some wild Loch fishing. Was the pic taken looking SW? Looks a great fishing place where the burn goes into the Loch.

PeverilPeril: The two lochs are indeed brown trout lochs and there was a boat out on Loch Druim a' Chliabhain (the larger of the two) that day. The nearest accommodation is the Garvault Hotel (Seasonal only) of which I can show you a picture. This is reputed to be the most remote hotel in the UK, some 28 miles or so from the next pub:

IMG_3484_zps7quntmgt.jpg

And now the moment you've all been waiting for.....The answer: the two men are at the top left tip of the white cross. I reckon Commo has the pint but you are all welcome to a free one next time you are passing:

IMG_3463.JPG

Nearest Lidl is approximately 45 miles. Nearest Aldi is in Inverness about 90 miles away.