As a cyclists' in Nottingham over 50 years ago we would have a club run called the 'Holly Run'. It was always 2 sunday's before Christmas. So tomorrow would have been the day. Off we would go into the country looking for holly bushes; returning home with a bunch of holly tied to to our saddle bags. Don't suppose that it is done nowadays?

• Upvote 3

I have never heard of that PP, but it sounds great fun. I bet you all had a great laugh. We did our own version two weeks ago by car. All around the lanes in parts of Staffs and Shropshire. Loaded up with our long "Secateurs, stopping when we found a tree where the Holly with berries was reachable. Mostly, someone had got there before us.

Trying very hard not to trespass, as neither of us can run very fast anymore. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

She wouldn't kiss me under the mistletoe!

Why not?

Because it was fastened to my trouser belt buckle!

:rotfl:

• Upvote 2

Mistletoe from my old apple trees Took a bag full to the pub last night where we had a fishing club meeting. I dished it out to the lads and to some locals at the bar and told them that because it was'French Mistletoe' it had magical powers and that they could expect more than a kiss when they offered it to their chosen ones. When we left, the lads, clutching their sprigs, all had a gleam in their eyes. :biggrin:

• Upvote 3