As a customer of the Francis Frith Collection, I get regular e-mails from that firm but nothing like this one, received overnight Oz time.

It is a great post from the Francis Frith Collection, extending the Season's Greetings and an invitation to check out some of the many photographs in their collection.

Scroll slowly down on the first link and the photos of old England will seem endless.

https://twitter.com/francisfrith/media

To save you all some time, I found Nottingham's link and have posted it below:

http://www.francisfrith.com/nottingham/photos?page=5&sort=most_popular

Be prepared TO SPEND SOME TIME on the first link - it goes on forever. I just hope that you can receive and can read this post OK.

• Upvote 7

Thank you Trevor. I have had a quick look at both Links and there are some great pictures. I will enjoy going through them both slowly with my morning cuppa. I particularly enjoy the Wonderful Architecture of the Grand Buildings, Lots to view and enjoy. Probably need much more than one cuppa. :)

• Upvote 2

I have always thought Ransome hospital was accessed of the Wells road, down a long drive that comes of near the top as you go down Wells road. Do believe it was converted into flats some years back. Mapperley hospital was accessed of Porchester road.

If memory serves they were all part of the same complex but Ransome was for the more disturbed patients.

Great Pics by the way