Terms of endearment

I envy you enormously LL. I'd love to live in the south, especially Macon. Trouble is with all the southern food and hospitality, I'd be 20 stone within a year. 

• Upvote 1

There's a bloke on this forum who calls everybody 'y'all'. Think he has been listening to too much Bing Crosby. (Nice steel guitar riff)

Fly #26.   We are an hour or so from Macon it is southeast of here.  We go through it when we go down to Florida.

Its ok here, but I think I'll always be a Northern lad.  The stifling hot summers get to me after a while.  We have had over 90 days here this summer when the temperature was over 90 F.   Like you said the food is good and fattening.  Lots of fried chicken if you want it.  I just don't tend to eat so much as I'm getting older so I'm fairly immune from that problem.  I work hard outside each morning and avoid the fatty stuff.

• Upvote 1

I have a penfriend in Kentucky that Ive been writing for almost 60 yrs . We've met a couple of times and I love the way they talk there. So can imagine its very similar in Giorgia.

• Upvote 1

Not too familiar with the Kentucky accent, Nonna.  Its pretty much like anywhere else here in that the accent can vary in just a few miles.  Florida is quite a bit South of here as I'm sure you know, but the accent is much more 'Northern'. Probably because of all the Yankee's and Canadian snowbirds that hang out down there.