Autumn mist at home.  Unfortunately, I missed (No pun intended) the best of the mist by cycling in the wrong direction with the intention of photographing Killimster Moss, where mist lies in the low sections of the bog and little islands appear above the mist, looking quite mysterious.  Alas, the mist was in the wrong location...as was I.  In the end I settled for a few shots of my house instead.  by the time I got to the location, the mist had almost lifted.

30220167756_8ee02367cf_k.jpg

29624412534_f4b2222272_k.jpg

29624440674_09b06809ed_h.jpg

• Upvote 6

Beautiful Compo, I'm definitely envious.

You might not be envious in the depths of Winter though!

I notice that you like good whiskies; have you ever tried our local brew "Old Pulteney" whisky?

Compo #3 One of my friends bought me a gift pack of Old Pultney last year, a bottle of 12, 17 and 21 year old.

Very enjoyable just loved the hints of toffee, honey and fruits on the palate but somehow I never quite picked up on the maritime/coastal salty signature. Probably not a well enough educated palate, although last time I was in the UK and did the whisky trail with a number of structured tastings and to my absolute surprise you  can detect all the complexities of taste that I only knew in wines. The 12 year old now holds a regular place in the drinks cabinet, at $80 per bottle here, around 50 quid, it along with Macallan, Glenmorangie and Talisker make up my favourite malts, with an occasional Islay peat monster for variety.(The smoke and peat not the brand)

• Upvote 1

When ever I missed something right under me nose, as a kid, mam would hold it up and say, What's this? A Scotch mist? Now I know what one really looks like!

• Upvote 1

Lovely pictures Compo, your home looks very isolated I should think you have a

large freezer and a well maintained generator plus a good supply of "Old Pultener"

for the winter months. 

• Upvote 2