Read in the paper this morning about trends in what people like 'office workers' are now wearing at work,and was not surprised that they are becoming 'scruffier'...................with T-shirts and casual wear being favoured over suits,.............stating also that 42% do not even wear underwear at work,and 47% ditch wearing socks sometimes.........plus one in six wear the same shirt all week...........all I can say is ''dirty Buggers'.......how say you ?..........standards have certainly dropped..........along with swearing and bad manners.........

• Upvote 2

Word for word, that is exactly how I feel. Deplorable standards these days. Is there no pride in the 'human' race these days ?

I like a clean T shirt every day. Clean pants every day and I always put clean ones on at night time. How can anyone go to bed in what they've worn all day ? A clean hanky every day too, oh, and socks.

• Upvote 2

Agree with ya'll on this one.  I would suggest that it is illustrative of the overall decline in Western civilization.  No standards seem to be much expected anymore in our homes or schools.  Filthy language abounds on TV.  So why are we surprised when the neighborhood kids tell us to. ---  off?  Those who should be in leadership are afraid to criticise anyones clothing, cleanliness, or lifestyle choices because political correctness will accuse them of being bigoted, haters, narrow minded, and whatever the current 'phobic'. is.  It didn't get this way overnight and it will probably not clear up overnight.  I have some ideas about the way it might get cleared up but will not pursue them here because of religious, political, talk tending to create controversy.  If you want to pursue that p.m. me. :rolleyes:

kicking butt begins at home but unfortunately I doubt that will hapen anytime soon.

• Upvote 3

First impressions count! You get roughly fifteen seconds to make an impression on your potential employer at an interview, so it is said. If they don't like the way you look, you probably might as well go home!

At the end of the day, we are animals and it is hardwired into us to reject and avoid those who look, sound and smell as though they might be a threat to us.

Looking smart at least gives the impression that you know what you're doing and are likely to take a pride in your work, says she who has just got a new job...must have done summat right!

As ever, I have zilch in the way of evidence or statistics to support my half baked observations but I'm entitled to my sixpennyworth, so there it is!

;)

• Upvote 3

Love your sixpennyworths Jill,.........they don't need statistics or evidence.............and congrats on your new job hope you like it,........its true on first impressions,........even just someones face,we tend mostly correctly to know if we gonna like em..........

I agree with all the above as I would think do most of my generation.

Once knew a guy who threw his kegs at the wall every night if they didn't stick he wore them the next day.

For the sake of clarity the above is a feeble joke ...... so no evidence required:laughing:

• Upvote 2