It's marvellous what you can do with a bit of wood int it. My driftwood cost 50p on a car boot and my two bits of tree were rescued from under a hedge(spotted whilst out for a cycle ride, and went back in the car to take them home) out of all of our flower containers, these three are my favourites. They make good homes for 'Lily Ladybird, Terry Tortoise and Willie Worm'. Can you spot them?

DSCN0201.jpg

• Upvote 8

As soon as the buIbs flower,I will introduce you to..... Francis Fly, Danny Dinosoar,  Sally Snake and Anne Boleyn. Bless her, I will let you use your imagination about Anne? Oh, I forgot Bertie Beetle! We have a Meerkat mountain (that is where Francis Fly lives) and also just got rid of Lilliput because all the little buildings succumbed to too many winters. I hope to build a Stonehenge in its place this spring. Ahh, has  anyone else got strange garden ornaments or just me?

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you, I am sitting admiring them at the moment, the primulas are flourishing after taking a battering from the rain and wind. Just waiting for my buds to all burst into flower and I will post some pics.

• Upvote 1

#4 carni.  We have an Anne Boleyn in our garden, too.  When we moved here 3 or 4 years ago, the owner left most of her garden ornaments, including the one whose head fell off when we moved it!   She also left 'The three Graces'  holding up a bird bath.  They are very scantily dressed.  There is also a large wooden bird, another bird bath with squirrels running up it, and a sort of stone cherub.  I probably wouldn't have actually bought any of them but have found places for them seeing as they were here anyway!  Paul cemented Anne's head on but it fell off again,  so she is hidden behind a tree

Margie, I think you have an Anne Boleyn who met a similar fate as ours. Anne started out as quite a tall fairy with out spread wings, she was quite slim and it made her unstable (I expect the real Anne was unstable for a while once she knew what was to come), in our case we think a cat or fox did the deed one night.

I couldn't bring myself to throw her away as she was a gift from one of my sisters, so I kept the only part still intact. She does raise a few laughs when visitors spot her!

• Upvote 1