DaveN

Old Photos of the Meadows

1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

No probs waddo...there are some boring tossers on here!

Ian, I warned you privately a few weeks back if you persist with this attitude I will ban you permanently. CEASE attacking other members, it will NOT be tolerated.

I'm very reluctant to ban anyone, so YOU could well be the first.

CEASE AND DESIST or your gone.

LAST WARNING!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ok John delete my answer..by all means..i post a comment about entering condemned houses..with the Watts bulldozer outside..fetching out a few 78s to flog to the bloke on Arky...AT 11 YEARS OF AGE!!! The bloke with the whiskers and charm bracelet..Hardly the crime of the century..but Brew can say i am a burglar..like he accused me of stealing World Cup Coins last year .delete his post then please.

His post i deem as an ATTACK.

I am reporting it now.

Sorry if my post defending the accusation of being a burglar upset one and all.

Ian.

• Like 4

I'm not deleting anything Ian, it stands to show your attitude to other members, you are on you last warning, I won't comment further, either stop flaming other members, your last chance...End of comments.

• Upvote 1

Well i am just being totally honest..not inflaming any members..it goes to show certain members attitudes towards me which have put into posts...some have been vile.

Last word...from me ..continuing to contribute towards this site respectfully..sorry for any upset.

Ian.

• Like 7

Ian, I think your posts are very interesting for a great deal of people on here, I for one.  Carry on posting that's what NT is all about.

• Like 8

Notts folk,especially Meadows folk/St Anns folk/Sneinton folk/Bulwell are/were well know for saying it how it is,does this have to change now? if so do we have to give up our identity?

Some people have skin thinner than a jelly fish

Rog

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Jellyfish don't have heart or lungs either. :mellow:

• Like 2

Well I've just had another post deleted, nothing abusive or flaming,in fact it was a quote from a post from 2007 by flat-cap-driver,funny how its sat there all these years yet as soon as it's quoted it gets deleted within 5 minutes of being posted,ah well if the site only wants snowflakes and goody two shoes why not write it in the rules:rulez:

Rog

• Like 3

Thanks for words of support..i do put a lot of effort into my posts..and get a great  deal of pleasure hunting photos of our city down.

There are some cracking Meddars ones out there.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I went out with a girl called Astrid that lived at Taylor's cottages in the Meadows.

5 hours ago, Ayupmeducks said:

Ian, I warned you privately a few weeks back if you persist with this attitude I will ban you permanently. CEASE attacking other members, it will NOT be tolerated.

I'm very reluctant to ban anyone, so YOU could well be the first.

CEASE AND DESIST or your gone.

LAST WARNING!!

John,surely those comments should be sent in a PM not on an open forum for the world to see, I'ts what my grandmother used to call "Airing your dirty washing in public"

Rog

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Robbie has come on!...cheers mate..i keep the Soul going and give you a nod now & then..way to go!

• Like 1

My thoughts too. No first prize for diplomacy

• Like 3

There's been some great pics on here, but some thick skinned reaction to various posts. 

Way back on track..Bunbury Street.eac8f86b0bc07fb8c74ddf25acf941fa.jpg.knew loads of pals that lived on Kirkby or Orange Street...great community spirit..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

An interesting old boozer..Victoria Inn..57256-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgDeering St..1960s..there was a Davenports house down here..forgotten the name.

• Like 2

Does anyone remember Sutton st my great grandma and grandad lived there i think it was either 9 or 11 it was right behind Notts County ground just off Meadow Lane,l do not see it on maps anymore i just assume it has been demolished when i visited i would have 9 or 10 years old in 1957

Hello, Ian. I've just put an article on the Notts County thread and if you scroll down the page you'll see a couple of photos of Sutton Street. I had a friend called Kenny Markham who lived on Sutton Street.

Thankyou Stuart and Michael for the maps and pictures brings back memories,my grandad and i cycled to Sutton st.from Nuthall and leave our bikes there while we went to watch the Magpies.We would see some of the players in the sweet shop on Meadow Lane before the match, i dont think the players got paid much in those days a few names i remember are Wills Wylie 

Hatley Robey ithink the goalkeepers name was Jimmy Linton,