What can you remember

Think Forest were still in Div.3 south ,,or may have just got promoted to Div.2..........Clyde were/are a Scottish club,,my uncle John took me,,it was a lovely sunny evening,,it was a Testimonial game for i think Colin Collindridge a very good left winger........Forest won 6-0......and have loved the Reds ever since..........

Thanks for the info Ben master says Colin Collindridge is now in his 90s he remembers getting his autograph. 

• Like 1

Glad to know hes still with us Mary   I can name the main Forest team from the early 50s,, without looking it up,,in their old formation,, actually met Bill Whare,,Bobby Mckinlay,, Jack Burkitt,, and Tot Leverton ,, little name dropper aint i............played against Tot in a charity match in the 70s............he was in his 50s and i was late 20s,,he ran rings round me......................lol                                        

Walker

Whare                                                Thomas

Orr                                        Mckinlay                               Burkitt

Scott                    Leverton                  Ardron           Capel                        Collindridge

After listing that Forest team from the 50s.......got me thinking how things have changed in where players are from,,

nowadays most are from foreign shores,,now compare that Forest team,,  again not looked em up so might have a couple wrong,,

Walker        local

Whare         Channel islands

Thomas     Local

Orr               Scottish

Mckinlay     Scottish

Burkitt         Wednesbury

Scott            local

Leverton      local

Ardron          Yorkshireman  (rotherham)

Capel            Manchester

Collindridge  Yorkshire

hi Ben Master and the two boys followed Forest team all over, I used to work Saturdays so, the only time I went to see them was when we won the European Cup. My friend who lives in Clifton used to let a couple of her bedrooms out to the players, Saturday nights we would end up at Maddison's and have a meal with some of the players. Even had a invite to Colin Welsh wedding. Best thing though was season tickets for the boys we would get them half price, each time you reply about Forest I pass the message on to master. Did you ever go  to the Jubilee  club?

No Mary never went to Jubilee club,, regarding that Forest team above,, Horace Gager would have been centre half and captain,, just before Mckinlay,, Gager was a good London boy,,and great servant to Forest.........

Master can remember all these players. He has just told me that in those days you could stand behind one goal and at half time you could move and stand behind the other goal, master said that he started going to watch Forest when he was about 10 years old he has never supported any other team. 

Accrington Stanley and Buckie Thistle Football clubs.

On 11/27/2018 at 10:17 AM, Oztalgian said:

Train carriages without corridors

Train carriages that were not permanently attached to a "Set" and could be added on to a train on busy days, to avoid overcrowding.

I remember the days when flying was a pleasurable experience. That's all gone now with the high security at modern airports, cramped seating and terrible aircraft 'meals'.

• Like 1