Driving Cops Bananas.

Or peeing them off legally smile2

What do you do when one sits on your tail while out driving, knowing full well he is after some of your points??

Sorry Mick B)

When I was in NSW and a highway patrol car decided he'd up his monthly quota at my expense, I'd slow down from 100kmh to 80kmh, boy that used to pee them off, you should see their faces after a few clicks!! smile2smile2 They used to pass me at 200kph to get away from this lunatic, then I'd go back up to the speed limit again.

PS, I always had a radar detector with me too!

The detectors are illegal now John.

You get fined and lose points for having one in the car.

As a deterrent to speeding on long weekend and holiday periods now all fines and demerit points are doubled.

As an example if you are not wearing your seatbelt AND a passenger is not wearing theirs then kiss your licence goodbye for 6 months.

Baz :ph34r:

As a deterrent to speeding on long weekend and holiday periods now all fines and demerit points are doubled.

As an example if you are not wearing your seatbelt AND a passenger is not wearing theirs then kiss your licence goodbye for 6 months.

Ouch Baz! Those radar detectors saved me a few bucks!

Funny over here in the states, some states have banned them, yet the police like them, they use them to slow traffic on interstates when theres a major accident!

They just point a police car into the traffic and turn their radar on, automatically slows traffic! I've seen it done several times.

Funny about seat belts, the California Highway Patrol released a report a couple of years back. In it their figures pointed to more deaths and injuries accounted for in accidents with seat belt wearers! I'd presume they meant drivers not passengers.

I always wear mine, I feel naked without one on now.

I know there was talk of making them illegal but I didn't know they actually made them illegal???

When did it happen Baz?

Mine still works in the van - not that I ever go over the speed limit mind ;)

Hi John,

I find one way to pi$$ off any form of tailgater is to set a couple of your screen washers a little high so they blow the liquid over your roof and onto the car behind, before it reaches their screen it's almost dry and when they use their wipers it tends to smear the screen, they soon learn to drop back out of range and usually overtake just to get out of your way

Roger

Frank, Bazz is on about New South Wales, not the UK.

I rarely go over the limit these days Roger, not worth the hassles and I get there just as quick. Freway driving, I set the cruise control, so I stay just a little above the stated speed limit, say around 5mph.

I once had a semi loaded with coal tailgating me in NSW!! All I could see in my rear view mirror was a huge bullbar and several sets of driving lights! I recalled a trick my Dad once told me, he was a truck driver most of his life! I switched my lights on and then off making the nasty SOB think I was braking. When I looked back in my mirror all I could see was smoke from his wheels as he hit his brakes.

Errrr, I then hightailed it out of there as fast as that little Cortina could go!!! smile2

...talking of seat belts and accidents take a look at the story in the `Post ' about a van impailed on spikes and the driver trapped by his seat belt.( Nottingham people)

Related News

Chaos as area is battered in gales

STORM-HIT VAN TEETERS ABOVE 500FT DROP

10:00 - 22 January 2007

Two Nottingham people had an incredible escape when a van overturned in high winds and teetered above a 500ft drop.

Stewart Lawrie and his 16-year-old nephew Joshua Rebouse were inches from going over.

Only spikes in the roadside barrier, which pierced the side of the van, kept it from plunging down a steep hill into a reservoir.

The terrified pair scrambled to safety through a window as the van rocked in the wind.

The incident happened on the moors at Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, on Thursday. Winds of up to 99mph swept the country, killing 13 people.

Mr Lawrie, 50, of Perry Road, Sherwood, and Joshua, of Wimbledon Road, Sherwood, were shaken but unhurt.

"It was a 500ft drop with a reservoir at the bottom. If we had gone over we would have rolled," said Mr Lawrie.

"We certainly wouldn't have survived.""Just thinking about it is scary. It was a near death experience.

"I just got to the top of the hill and there was a massive blast on the van. It hit totally side on and as I was just turning into it, it knocked us over.

"Joshua was quick thinking. He couldn't open the door as it was up against the barrier and he was going to kick the window out because it was a scary, panicky thing. But he opened up the passenger-side window and climbed down.

"I was still in mid-air with the seat belt on and I couldn't get it off. It was really scary because I thought it could still go."

"There are spikes on the barrier and he says if it wasn't for them it would have gone. It looks like they have punctured the van. It has hooked him on and stopped him from going. That's what saved his life." :Shock:

What do you do when one sits on your tail while out driving, knowing full well he is after some of your points??

Sorry Mick B)

When I was in NSW and a highway patrol car decided he'd up his monthly quota at my expense, I'd slow down from 100kmh to 80kmh, boy that used to pee them off, you should see their faces after a few clicks!! smile2smile2 They used to pass me at 200kph to get away from this lunatic, then I'd go back up to the speed limit again.

I don’t think that I would like to tick anyone off in the good old USofA.

This strong aversion I have for staring down the barrel of a gun is a good enough deterrent for me.

:rolleyes:

Sorry Mick B)

When I was in NSW and a highway patrol car decided he'd up his monthly quota at my expense, I'd slow down from 100kmh to 80kmh, boy that used to pee them off, you should see their faces after a few clicks!! smile2  smile2  They used to pass me at 200kph to get away from this lunatic, then I'd go back up to the speed limit again.

I don’t think that I would like to tick anyone off in the good old USofA.

This strong aversion I have for staring down the barrel of a gun is a good enough deterrent for me.

:rolleyes:

That was when I lived in Oz Q5. Here you can be booked for going too slow, so it's wise to drive at the correct speed for the conditions prevailing. Mick knows what I mean by that, as you can also be booked going too fast in bad weather in all states over here.

BTW, it's illegal to carry a loaded firearm in ones vehicle.

Here in Missouri, if I carry a firearm, it has to be unloaded and in plain sight on the passenger seat. In California, it has to be unloaded and hidden from view.

Most pickup trucks in country areas have the rifle rack on the back wall of the cab. It's not unusual to see a couple of rifles in that rack either.

I don't carry any firearms in my truck, saves any hassles then..

Why do you need to carry firearms?????

If everyone refused to carry them then I feel it would be far safer.

If you carry a firearm in the vehicle but it has to be unloaded - what do you do when you get to the shopping mall - step out and load up???

Sorry, but I don't have a firearm carrying mentality

I love the US - great place , warm hospitality (except NY and Boston area) but it's a place where I feel uncomfortable when out and about. We were driving over an 8 lane freeway in Miami when a dubious looking dude in a beat up van (transit type) pulled up at the side doing about 40 , came very close while he looked in for valuables and I'm sure that if he had seen some, i.e. camera, he would have rammed us and then robbed us if we had stopped to exchange details.

I put my foot down and changed 6 lanes :Shock:

Most people don't carry firearms Frank, apart from criminals who carry them for one reason.

There are lots of law abiding people who go hunting, so they have to carry their guns with them.

Many a nasty has been stopped in his tracks when they have tried to rob someone carrying a pistol!

I can cite one publisized case in California when I lived there.

An elderly lady well into her 80s, her house was broken into one night and she was raped and robbed! The nasty was never caught, sometime later it happened again to the old lady! She went out and bought herself a gun and swore it wasn't going to happen to her again!

Sometime later, her house was broken into while she was in bed and she was woken up by the nasty! She switched the lights on and pointed her gun at him, he ran climbed the window ledge and she let him have it!

The DA of Sacramento was going to charge her with felony manslaughter because the nasty was on his way out when she killed him, but due to the amount of public support the old lady had, he decided to drop all charges. After all he said, where am I going to find a jury who would convict her anyway!

Dade County Florida, a gut was out at night going around in a lawful manner when he was accosted by two nasty's carry a gun, they were after his wallet, he pulled his pistol and shot the armed nasty dead! The other nasty ran for his life and was later arrested by the Sheriffs Deputies.

He was exonerated and the shooting was classed as justifiable homicide. The dead nasties mate was charged with murder..Ironic he was charged with his mates murder, but he was his accomplice and could have stopped his mate!

Dade County, since the Sheriff started his new system of concealed firearm rules, has less gun related crimes now, zero bag snatchings, lower rape crimes etc etc...

It's only the criminals who abuse firearms! And they are not supposed to have them Frank!

BTW, our crime rates around here are very low, we don't hear of burglaries, car highjackings etc etc..

Missouri law states I can shoot to kill to protect my family, life and property.. NO IFS or BUTS!

It's not so much a mentality Frank, it's part of the Constitution cast in stone, IF we allow the government, which the Supreme Law of the land forbids, to remove that right, then what else will they try and take away?

Read Thomas Jefferson on the subject of firearms, what he wrote over two hundred years ago is just as valid today as it was in the late 1700's. He was the author of the 2nd amendment.

I-95 gets pretty hairy past Miami, Frank!

Next time stay in Lauderdale.

!tanning! Never been to Lauderdale Mick. We drove up from the Keys.

AAAhhhh, the Keys, absolute paradise, especially Key West. I could retire there tomorrow. If only I had enough dosh and I could get residency !tanning!

The keys is the place to be.

Drove that road many times. Good place to get a ticket as well, Route 1.

Lots of places to hide and changes of speed limit.