All colleges went in with the Uni's   Clarendon/ Basford Hall/ South Notts/ HFEC/ they are now called New College Nottingham, a lot of the courses the now run are in line with universities. NVQ1 to NVQ 5  Instead of having to cover all 12 Units and Elements for the City and Guilds the now have a choice which unit to take that they want to cover.  eg 12 Units would cover every thing you would do in a salon from reception to customer service,  Blow-drying to setting Barbering ect NOW you can just do Barbering /consultation and you pass ?? people at first did not like the NVQs but now it's all changed again  is this better. I don't think so ?

Me and 'Er Indoors went to night school there to learn Español.

That was when my wife was there.  Just before we married in 1965.

16 hours ago, LizzieM said:

My cousin took a secretarial course there too, 1964-5.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Beekay said:

¡ Si Señora ! ¿ Usted prefiero pequeño o grande?

:Friends:

On 4/8/2024 at 2:26 AM, IAN FINN said:

where i went we had hot water radiators

So did we, I remember drying my socks on them in that bad winter of 1963 when the snow was so deep it came over the top of my wellygogs yet we still went to school, not like the snowflakes (pun intended) of today as school get cancelled if there is an inch of snow.

• Like 1