Any budding landscape gardeners out there?

Anybody passing my neck of the woods (Cheshire )in the near foreseeable future? only SWMBO has decided that from Sunday 17th June (Yep thats correct FATHERS DAY) and for the rest of the week we are turning my wild life garden into a kids play area.THERES FREE BEER AND WINE INVOLVED FOR ALL COMERS!!!!!!!!! and get this bill

3 railway sleepers @ £27 each

36 bags of play bark@ £118

1 ton soft sand @ god knows how much

and 15ft x 15 ft of semipermiable membrane

plus a skip plus about 1 ton of soil and old slabs and bricks to shift (If she moans about me going fishing after this my solicitor will be hearing from me) LOL

So any takers please ? !cheers!

Just thought I would show you what iv'e been up to this week

This is before.

garden001.jpg

about half way

garden002-1.jpg

Nearly there. Still waiting for the railway sleepers to be delivered, to go round the edge,they should have been here Monday and they still haven't got here (Friday at five past three.)Mind you the sand and membrane didn't turn up till five thirty Tuesday evening, so guess who didn't get to go fishing today!!!!!!

garden003-1.jpg

The rubble

garden004.jpg

The total bill .

Skip.................................................£94

Membrane and sand..........................£54

Sleepers x 4=...................................£108

1 new wheelbarrow...........................£26

36 bags of play bark.........................£108

1 piece 1.5m x 1.5m x1cm ply wood...£15

TOTAL..................................... ......£405 ..........not including my labour

If she don't let me go fishing now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;););)

You have been working hard, looks very promising. thumbsup

Maybe more planting?

Wish I had the know how to show you the before and after pics'

of my Cheshire garden.

Transformed a dandelion field into a paradise - I think - but such

hard work, so no offers here either.

Keep up the good work, worth it now 'cos sit back and enjoy it! !cheers!

I would love to sit back and enjoy it, but this is for the kids it's a dry play bark covering over a membrane that lets the water out but stops the weeds coming through (alledgedly)

I will (when it stops raining ) put out 1 x paddling pool 1x sand pit 1x play tunnel ball pool and Wendy house combination three tyres and of course the railway sleepers to hold all the bark in place along with the mini trampoline you can see

Eventualy when the kids are a lot older I will be able to put a pergula /seating /barbeque area at the end you can see (by the Budlia bush) run a small waterfall down a stream around the perimeter to a large pond to the right and behind where I am taking the picture from I will also be able to plant straight through the membrane, but thats ten years away!!!

;)

Phew - I'm knackered just reading about it!

After all that hard work you deserve a treat - buy yourself a small airplane!

Yes Beefy, it will be YOUR paradise one day. but first and foremost for now are

your children - they will enjoy it and make use of it all now.

Still, sure you can too by making your own little area to watch over them,

so useful and necessary for you and your wife to relax, and well-earned I'm sure.

Seems a daunting task at the beginning but I can see that you have broken

it's back and maybe yours too?

Relax when the sun comes out again. !tanning!

This is what the weather is doing here now (Veiw of the kids toys in the conservatory the rain is that heavy its even knocked the moss off the sky light!!)

garden.jpg

Bungalowjune2007002.jpg

Here's my new plot of land which goes well by the green house and under the willow tree........the said green house is going free to ever wants it. you will have to dismantle it yourself and cart it away...

Bungalowjune2007001.jpg

Bip. B)

May have a taker in Cambridge Den, I'll let you know when she replies.

My next door neighbour would have it I am sure (he had mine off of the land I have just finished working on 6 years ago (Done bu**er all with it since mind))

;)

• 1 month later...

They finally got to play on it today while I was fishing ,So I didn't get a photo of them 'enjoying' it!!!!

oooops004.jpg

Anyone know what I need to put in with some roses i'm just about ready to plant for spring & do I need to prune them before I plant them??

Come on Harry I need your help!

They finally got to play on it today while I was fishing ,So I didn't get a photo of them 'enjoying' it!!!!

oooops004.jpg

Please note the real Mesters Brick Built Shed in the background

Sorry Caz all I can advise is to prune them back and pop some horse manure (Or well rotted compost) in the pre dug hole

Thanks hoss poo it is then.

What,s on the ground BF is it woodchips??

Yes .It's amazing how many different types there are too. Large chip, medium, small, then there is this one that;'s on here called play bark

;)

Personally I would prefer chocolate chip.

No but seriously hasn’t woodchip got a sell by date in as much it will need replacing every so many years, I say this because I was once told by a gypsy that it only lasts for about five years before it starts 2 disintegrate or in lay-mans terms and especially 4 Caz’s sake rot down to whence it came, dust 2 dust ash’s 2 ashes. Or was that just salesman’s talk, at the time the gyppo was eyeing up my driveway.

Bip.

Any organic compound will deteriorate over time, this stuff aledgedly lasts five years before it needs replacing totally or topped up every two years will keep us going until the kids are old enough to get them off it and I can put the gazebo and pond in (Knowing my luck it will be another 20 years)LOL

;)

Oh and mint choc chip here thank you

Gypsies read your fortune don't they Den or try to sell you pegs,I think he was taking the urine meslef Den.......

Gypsies read your fortune don't they Den or try to sell you pegs,I think he was taking the urine meslef Den.......

Not the gippo's around here Caz, they take one look at your old and cracked driveway and quote you a price 4 resurfacing it, which if you agree will only last until the winter when it will start 2 peel back at the first signs of frost. :Fool:

Where I lived before I moved here [Chilwell] the play areas where covered in bark but here in sophisticated Sawley they use reconstituted road tires 2 make a very soft and durable surface 4 the little nippers 2 bounce a pone if 4 whatever reason they decide 2 free fall from a swing or high slide. :yahoo:

Bip.

We did price up using that rubber stuff but it worked out to be about 15 times more expensive, and then there is the problem of disposing of it when you're done with the play bark you can just dig it in when you are done with it.

;)

Very sensible beefy and it would make great growing medium 4 Rhubarb or mushrooms.

Bip.