Nottingham Riverside Festival

Water front festival……………..

Sorry 2 say more like Goose fair than a festival unless I missed the point, who knows?

Paid three pound fifty 2 park on an open field, at least it was grassed and the money takers gave you a knowing grin, there goes another sucker.

Sorry 2 say didn’t take camera hence no pictures 2 show you but I reckon you or I aren’t missing ought by not having any.

Didn’t stay 4 the firework display, well once you have seen one you have seen them all, that’s what I say.

Did see a juggler juggling his balls but wasn’t impressed, I must be very hard 2 please me.

As usual all rides, food, beer, all over priced again and the queue 4 the toilets was miles long it would have been better 2 joint the queue as soon as you got 2 the festival if like me you suffer from a weak bladder.

Called into on the way back 2 the Eaton Farm eating and drinking house 2 learn that it 2 has been taken over by Marstons Breweries. Same old pumps on the bar, Guinness, Strongbow, Stella, Fosters, Pedigree, Smooth flow bitter and some others, which don’t in my reckoning, disserve a mention.

Needless 2 say I had the smooth flow of which again like most Marstons brews was tasteless because IMO served much 2 cold, are you listening Marston’s? I have a theory it is that if they serve their beers cold enough nobody can taste the inferior ingredients that they put in. that reminds me I shall be soon brewing my own 4 the Christmas period, roll on that’s what I say.

Ps, Mushy peas were Excellent.

Bip. always happy 2 inform. !englandflag!

Hi Kath,

Just a few days away at 700, Hucknall Road...!

A toe was to be amputated [a Diabetes Type 1 side effect] but due to a change of medication I made, in my surgeon's words: "The greatest comeback since Lazarus..."

He and I are to split The Lancet publication royalties between us... :yahoo:

I rather like the City Hospital...it's less than a mile from where I was born.....less than a mile from my High Pavement school, of fond memory....and less than 300 yards from where I scored my one and only cricketing 100!

Always find their Staff to be so pleasant....I've concluded it will be as good a place as any to peg out. abouttime

Hoping to go to Thailand later in the year, to visit my son in Pattaya.

Cheers

Robt P.

Rob, good news about the toe. It most likely would have taken ages to heal, so you've missed out on that palavar! Good to hear the City is a nice hospital, you hear such tales of horror about the NHS. My only experience with the City, was having my middle child in there, and couldn't fault it.

Welcome back Rob!

I lived near the City Hospital before I emigrated & my 2 babies were born there,so holds warm memories for me.My dad died there....not so good memories, oh well we can't have the good without the bad can we !tony!

Water front festival……………..

Sorry 2 say more like Goose fair than a festival unless I missed the point, who knows?

Paid three pound fifty 2 park on an open field, at least it was grassed and the money takers gave you a knowing grin, there goes another sucker.

Sorry 2 say didn’t take camera hence no pictures 2 show you but I reckon you or I aren’t missing ought by not having any.

Didn’t stay 4 the firework display, well once you have seen one you have seen them all, that’s what I say.

Did see a juggler juggling his balls but wasn’t impressed, I must be very hard 2 please me.

As usual all rides, food, beer, all over priced again and the queue 4 the toilets was miles long it would have been better 2 joint the queue as soon as you got 2 the festival if like me you suffer from a weak bladder.

Called into on the way back 2 the Eaton Farm eating and drinking house 2 learn that it 2 has been taken over by Marstons Breweries. Same old pumps on the bar, Guinness, Strongbow, Stella, Fosters, Pedigree, Smooth flow bitter and some others, which don’t in my reckoning, disserve a mention.

Needless 2 say I had the smooth flow of which again like most Marstons brews was tasteless because IMO served much 2 cold, are you listening Marston’s? I have a theory it is that if they serve their beers cold enough nobody can taste the inferior ingredients that they put in. that reminds me I shall be soon brewing my own 4 the Christmas period, roll on that’s what I say.

Ps, Mushy peas were Excellent.

Bip.

Any particular reason why you felt the need to post the above twice Den? Once was plenty ;)

• 6 years later...

Thanks for reviving this one radfordred, I like to see my old mate rob237's posts. I will never forgive myself for not keeping in contact with him when I suddenly left Mrs red no1. My name in Bingham was absolute mud and I didn't think anyone would want to hear from me ever again.

I should have kept in touch, you were the best friend I ever had.

Have you seen much of Johnny Walker lately, or Grant or Jameson.

RIP Bob.

• Upvote 1
  • 5 years later...