The Return of Nottstalgia

On or around the 16th November, we lost total service on Nottstalgia.com

This I now know was caused by a service outage of our webspace.

Support emails were unanswered by our hosting company since 17 Nov 07.

At the time I was away in Los Angeles, and wasted a lot of time trying to

restore service myself.

On return to the UK, a new web hosting package was purchased with another host, but all efforts made to restore the forums in the new web space failed. I have worked on this problem almost continually since that time.

Tonight we finaly got a reply from our hosts!

Hi Mick,

A million apologies for the very long delay! Your account has been restored and a full refund has been issued. Your account was incorrectly suspended by our hosting software due to a prior subscription that reached EOT.

You will be able to download your database by logging into cPanel..

Once again, my sincere apologies for the delay.

So IP adresses were re set to our old host allowing access to download backups of latest SQL database (forum post and member).

So now you know what happened...

In the coming weeks, I will be continuing to make improvements on the Forum software including purchase of the latest forum version with many more features and improved security.

Ok after all this work lets see some posting... :)

Mick

Crikey!

Seems like I've only been here five minutes then it went away. I missed it. Well done Mick, thanks for your hard work in getting things back together so that we can chat on here. It's appreciated.

;) Flip ek what’s been going off, I got withdrawal pains that bad that I joined MySpace to ease them.

Not being able to read the moans and groans on here was hellish a torture I wouldn’t put Ilko through.

Thanks Frank for those words of encouragement sat night, I will keep up the good work, talking about good work well done Mick, thanks for your dogged determination in getting this wonderful site back to normal if normal is the appropriate word.

There was I thinking that the new tablets that the doc had given me were to blame, good job then I binned the perrishers.

Bip. compusmash

Thanks Mick! I needed me Nottingham fix and was about to go barmy without it!

Not being able to read the moans and groans on here

Must admit Den yeah i did miss your whinging whining yammering griping squawking moaning .

Welcome back !!!

Nice to be appreciated and missed all at the same time, a little like the other day when out of the blue I received a phone call from Kitchens Direct..ding, a little bell in me head rang, ding, there it goes again.

After I had agreed to have one of their reps pop around to do their dirty on me I hung the phone up and went directly to Google search, low and behold there it was, reviews after reviews by people who have had dealing with this somewhat unscrupulous company. None of them had a good word to say on their behalf.

Needless to say when on Friday the rep who would be calling on me called to confirm his appointment for Monday I immediately made an excuse to cancel.

It’s unbelievable how many cold callers I get here; I very really got any at my old address.

This morning through my letterbox I had a tree delivered, yes a tree, well it would have been if it hadn’t been rolled out and printed on.

No bills just a hand full of junk mail…..pity the hand sorter who has to lug that lot about, no wonder he walks with a limp and his dog has a white stick.

ilikeyou Bip.

This morning through my letterbox I had a tree delivered, yes a tree, well it would have been it hadn’t been rolled out and printed on.

Did you twig which branch it had been sent from, mate?

This morning through my letterbox I had a tree delivered, yes a tree, well it would have been it hadn’t been rolled out and printed on.

Little board with those jokes barking up the wronge tree if you ask me.

Bip. !rotfl!

This morning through my letterbox I had a tree delivered, yes a tree, well it would have been if it hadn’t been rolled out and printed on.

No bills just a hand full of junk mail…..pity the hand sorter who has to lug that lot about, no wonder he walks with a limp and his dog has a white stick.

Get yourself registered here Bip. After about 3 months all the junk mail stops which must be good as when they start charging by the kilo fer takin' yer rubbish, your bill will be lower.

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/mps_choosetype.html

and to stop those unwanted telephone sales calls

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

and for your unwanted spam e-mails

http://www.dmachoice.org/emps.html

If, after you register, these people continue to bombard you, you can report them as they are breaking the law.

Get 'em locked up, that's what I say.

Leaf it out Stu

Good to be back on here .It took me longer to get back in than most of you for some silly inexplicable reason

your barking up the wrong tree there pal

beach ya to it ,maple you'll get me later ETC ETC ETC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!rotfl!

Will you two stop larching about!

I am still having problems getting in every now and then .I have deleted cookies ,browser history ,etc ran Spybot and AVG and still can't get in (I keep getting the "Web page cannot be displayed" page, then after a few hours i'm in for a bit

Any suggestions you boffins?? All advice will be greatfully recieved (If I can access the site to read them that is.!!!!!!!!!!!