You couldn't make it up.

3 minutes ago, catfan said:

UKs Brexit will be the beginning of the end for the EEC.

And that is what they are all frightened of Mick, seeing one of their ex members going it alone and doing well out of it without subsidies, the house of cards is starting to tumble

Rog

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had a perfectly good trading area before the EEC. Who remembers New Zealand lamb adverts on the telly ? We traded with many nations including the US West Indies & the rest of the non EU wo

And that is what they are all frightened of Mick, seeing one of their ex members going it alone and doing well out of it without subsidies, the house of cards is starting to tumble   Rog

You are not wrong there Fly, there's still plenty of patriotic people in the country it's just that they are surpressed by the so called snowflakes for fear of upsetting anyone and being called racist

2 hours ago, jonab said:

Even though I said I hold Nottingham very dear in my memory, that's how it will have to remain - in my memory. The very idea of returning would be too upsetting).

I know exactly what you mean, Jonab. I feel the same way.

• Like 2

I believe it was de Gaulle, many years ago, who stated that Britain, being an island and a maritime nation, was not suited to be part of a European community, given its trading links with the rest of the world.  Perhaps he just didn't like the British...or maybe he had a point!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The tyrants that rule the world don't want anyone thinking for themselves. It makes it difficult for them to control us, and thereby we are classed as rebels. I need NO ONE thinking for me. I live a realistic existence, and have EARNED EVERYTHING I possess, and I don't see why my simple lifestyle should be eroded or diminished in any way whatsoever. 

38 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I believe it was de Gaulle, many years ago, who stated that Britain, being an island and a maritime nation, was not suited to be part of a European community, given its trading links with the rest of the world.  Perhaps he just didn't like the British...or maybe he had a point!

They still don't like us Jill ! They only like our EU contributions, not us.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, catfan said:

We had a perfectly good trading area before the EEC. Who remembers New Zealand lamb adverts on the telly ?

We traded with many nations including the US West Indies & the rest of the non EU world quite well .

The EU is all about subsidies, too many bone idle EU farmers for one thing who are guaranteed top prices for everything they produce, remember the butter & beef mountains, wine lakes etc.?

The fear among our EU neighbours is the excessive contributions we pay every day to be members of that organisation.will be lost  they will have to pay more themselves, one thing I am certain of is that the UKs Brexit will be the beginning of the end for the EEC. Other countries have intimated that they will or could pull out when they see this country recover & stand back on it's feet again.

Brexit for me can't come soon enough & end that madness.

Well yes, I remember New Zealand lamb adverts, same as Danish bacon and other countries who wanted to sell to us. That's totally missing the point, the danger to us is loss of exports. That's why the majority of UK businesses are anti-brexit. Yes, I can remember when there were wine lakes and butter mountains, just, that was over forty years ago, so what?

Yes, we traded before we were in the Common Market. That was at a time when it consisted of just six countries and the cartel that has become the EU did not exist. Is anyone seriously suggesting we are going to just come out, deal or no deal and within the space of the next fews years become a major trading nation? If so, please outline your plan, I'm very interested to hear it. If anyone thinks the rest of the EU countries are going to follow us out when we are successful on our own two feet, possibly but we'll be waiting decades. 

Yes, the EU is a gravy train, it's got many, many faults and desperately needs an overhaul that isn't likely to happen. But for now, it would still have been our best option.  

Re lamb. Do you remember when the revolting French farmers set fire to English trucks carrying LIVE lambs ? I can, and I well remember the drivers having to run for their lives whilst the Gendarmerie looked on. The French especially only like things their way, and if anyone dares to disagree, there's uproar. From that day on, I'm totally against  anything that remotely benefits French farmers.

• Like 1

But the point you are missing is the UK poulation had a referendum & the Brexit vote won by the leavers. If we had another referendum & the leavers won again the remainers  would just stamp & kick their feet until they had a referendum result that suited them.

There is far too much scare mongering going on, sometimes really scraping the bottom of the barrel for any excuse to remain.

The remainers had their vote the same has everyone else.

Tough.

Most Brexiters voted to leave due to knowledge that  mass immigration that has occurred esp from Poland & other Eastern Bloc countries would flock here in their droves due to the generous benefit system in this country, totally swamping this country in everything on offer. Housing, Schools, NHS services & employment. Or haven't you noticed ?

• Like 2

I think the remainers are now so desperate, that they are now actually looking underneath the barrel for excuses.

Again, just for the record, I actually voted to stay, but now, I just want out ASAP. The rest of Europe have shown their true colours over negotiations, and all they're bothered about is nest feathering.

• Like 2

I'm not missing that point at all, catfan. Because of the uselessness of politicians from all parties, the average UK citizen wasn't provided with sufficient information to make a truly informed choice. It was about reducing immigration, recovering Sovereignty and saving the fictitious amount on Boris's bus. Many who voted out must be shaking their heads at the chaos which is ensuing.

Having said that, I respect the democratic vote and certainly would not advocate another. We must all do what we can to make the best of it.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ey up ! I'm off to Luxembourg on Monday !  There's nothing wrong with Europe, it's just the mentality of the indigenous population that is the inherent problem.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TBI said:

Who's scaremongering, just pointing out the obvious. Why should anyone have to leave their country?

Everyday we read of the so called nightmare that will fall upon the UK when we leave.

Just now, catfan said:

Everyday we read of the so called nightmare that will fall upon the UK when we leave.

Maybe, what we don't hear every day is a coherent plan for our success when we come out with no deal, as brexiteers would like.

Exactly, what will be will be.... i'm sure we can go six months without a new BMW, can they go six months without selling one? how do french farmers react when they dont get their own way?...french and Spanish farmers with their produce rotting in their fields wont effect the EU... with chilled container ships we can get produce from as far as south America, yes things might be more expensive initially, but would soon settle down, dare the french risk us finding a cheaper marketplace, would you risk losing your biggest customer... we are not in a corner, our leaders have been world wide, she even danced to get a deal ready...oh ye of little faith, when push comes to shove we have never before been a pushover, when the fish disappears from certain continental menu's Mon Deu ...so lets stop chasing our own tails, when we no longer have to subsidise 26 of the other 27 we have cash enough to subsidise our purchases from elsewhere, and start buying British

As Doris Day once sang, "What will be will be" !

• Like 1
1 hour ago, catfan said:

But the point you are missing is the UK poulation had a referendum & the Brexit vote won by the leavers. If we had another referendum & the leavers won again the remainers  would just stamp & kick their feet until they had a referendum result that suited them.

There is far too much scare mongering going on, sometimes really scraping the bottom of the barrel for any excuse to remain.

The remainers had their vote the same has everyone else.

Tough.

Most Brexiters voted to leave due to knowledge that  mass immigration that has occurred esp from Poland & other Eastern Bloc countries would flock here in their droves due to the generous benefit system in this country, totally swamping this country in everything on offer. Housing, Schools, NHS services & employment. Or haven't you noticed ?

Just to respond to the last paragraph catfan, which you added later...where's the evidence that Poles are here en masse claiming benefit? Yes, many folk are concerned about immigration, we've always had that and make no mistake, it will continue. The UK accepts many migrants from Non-EU and non-Commonwealth countries which it chooses to do unilaterally.

• Like 1

Just checking through the weekly veg shop,I see the runner beans come from Kenya, some new potato's come from Israel,sprouts from Lincolnshire UK, potato's from Hamilton UK, on top of that, meat is British same as the eggs, not sure where the EU figure in that lot, probably made the carrier bags

Rog

• Like 2