Nottinghamshire Photo Critique?

I've seen it all now , how to beat a speed camera (Regulated distance type) Get to the end, realise you've averaged too fast, and slap it in reverse!!!!!!

Here we go again Bip is the butt of a joke…………..look I was only doing 47mph on a road that the last time I use it was set at a fifty limit.

I have been going down this road for at least once a year sometimes twice or even three times a year for over twenty years.

It’s not as if it was a city street where mums and toddlers would be crossing it was a out of town dual carriage way ‘OK!!!!

For some unknown reason the powers to be decided to bring the speed limit down for that particular stretch, hence that’s how I got caught out.

I wonder how many more poor sods have been done like me on that stretch?

Maybe the council are having trouble raising money from the council taxpayers in Humberside and decided it would be a perfect way to balance the books by trapping out of towners who would be unaware of the provisional change.

PS, ....there must be a problem with the shutter speed because the lorry is out of focus and don't tell me that's the way it was meant to be....look we all make mistakes.........RIGHT!!!!!.

Bip

OK, seei9ng as nobody else has spotted it, the bloody trucks going backwards!!!!

OK John - for us mere mortals, how do you reckon that one meduck???

Looks like an early moving Christmas tree to me with all those lights :biggrin:

It's "leaving it's lights behind" See the headlights start ahead of the truck, then go to the truck, it's time lapsed going backwards!

Never noticed the crafty distance markers before!!!

Look at the 5 little white spaced markers to the left (driving side) of the hard shoulder.

Are these used by the speed camera??

Or are they CATS EYES? ;)

They are too far apart to be speed confirmation lines, as seen below the Truvelo Cameras.

Truvelo takes two pictures at a set time sequence. The distance travelled in the time period is compared by the vehicle in relation to the lines in the two photographs

I believe the the camera in the picture is an Average speed recording camera. Average speed is calculated by recording

every vehicle passing below two or more cameras. A computer calculates the average speed of each vehicle by comparing the known distance between the two cameras compared against the time taken to travel between them.

I believe the the camera in the picture is an Average speed recording camera. Average speed is calculated by recording

every vehicle passing below two or more cameras. A computer calculates the average speed of each vehicle by comparing the known distance between the two cameras compared against the time taken to travel between them.

Didn't I say that earlier ?

These types of cameras are favoured in temporary road works ( where even if driving at night and there are no workmen to protect and no traffic on the road and still three lanes open , they still operate . Why?)

A. Because there is a Speed Limit

B. Because speed is a factor in most road traffic collisions (they are no longer called 'accidents')

We should adopt the American method

imagef5.gif

https://www.nysdot.gov/

That can be as low as 30mph around here Mick.

Here's a good safety tip too, law in Missouri, you MUST pull over to the left lane if a police car or other emergency vehicle is parked in the safety shoulder, also if a vehicle is broken down and the occupant is near it say changing a tyre. Fines can be pretty hefty if you don't and you get caught!

Before the law, most did it anyway on multi laned roads, only common sense, but there's always ONE fool who didn't.

B. Because speed is a factor in most road traffic collisions (they are no longer called 'accidents')

We should adopt the American method

imagef5.gif

https://www.nysdot.gov/

I understand that ,but why cause unnecessary hold ups at night when there are no workers or any one else to risk injury to , ie exactly the same situation as a normal three lane motorway at normal times??

Here's a good safety tip too, law in Missouri, you MUST pull over to the left lane if a police car or other emergency vehicle is parked in the safety shoulder, also if a vehicle is broken down and the occupant is near it say changing a tyre. Fines can be pretty hefty if you don't and you get caught!

That is the law here too, but then they realized that cops often pull cars off to the LEFT side on urban freeways and the law, essentially, said you MUST crash into them! They changed it!

I agree, all it really does is enforce what good drivers have always done!

A twist on the "Fines Doubled" in work areas - in some states, that only applies when there are workers present!

My I ask a question mick…have you ever gone over a speed limit even just a little?

Bip.

Yes of course occassionally, but nowadays, I do not have anything to prove, I tend to stick to the speed limit.

If I should go over the limit and get a Ticket, I will only have one person to blame.

I am actually one who advocates hammering bad drivers.

Using a mobile phone, well known as illegal, saw a pr!ck in a open topped sport, driving past the police station today.

Lets say £1000 fine + 4 penalty points?

I couldn't agree more , if it is dangerous driving ie phone in lug hole, map reading, shaving ,b job , putting on make up , etc (Believe me in all my years on the road I have seen it all ) then punish them ,and very heavily for some offences,but, and I will make it a big BUT, if the road is exactly as it is if there are no roadworks ie three lanes no workers etc why should there be restrictions in place ??

There must be a good reason for them...............or could it be they just can't be arsed to lift them for a short period of time, that maybe it me thinks.

Bip.

If there are road works, do you not think that increases the (unknown) road dangers to yourself?

The reducede speed in the very short distance of roadworks compared with your overall journey,

makes very little differrence to your journey time.

Oh yes a driver who is a few points short of a ban is usually a safer driver.

My I ask a question mick…have you ever gone over a speed limit even just a little?

Bip.

The day I past Mick in his little CSI white van on the A50 a good few months back he was certainly exceeding the national speed limit for that road.

Geez - it took me all me time just to catch him up !! !rotfl!

Not that I exceed the speed limit of course !!

That is the law here too, but then they realized that cops often pull cars off to the LEFT side on urban freeways and the law, essentially, said you MUST crash into them! They changed it!

I agree, all it really does is enforce what good drivers have always done!

A twist on the "Fines Doubled" in work areas - in some states, that only applies when there are workers present!

Thats an odd one, it posted before I could type a reply! Oh well!

True Eric, but they had to make it law because there was the odd idiot who didn't practice good driving habits when passing a cop, or broken down vehicle.

My habit on two lane roads, if there's nowt coming, is to give plenty of clearance, including slowing right down, just never know!

As for speeding, I take the attitude, why should I give them anything?? Sooner drive a little slower than release the moths from my wallet, I'm tighter than a Jewish Scotsman on the Sabbath!

The day I past Mick in his little CSI white van on the A50 a good few months back he was certainly exceeding the national speed limit for that road.

Geez - it took me all me time just to catch him up !! !rotfl!

Not that I exceed the speed limit of course !!

Did I have lights on?

Don't remember being on the A50 Recently?

If twas me, Your clock must be wrong Frank.

Did I have lights on?

Don't remember being on the A50 Recently?

If twas me, Your clock must be wrong Frank.

It was a couple of weeks after I had done your little install Mick. I only managed to catch up 'cos you slowed down to turn off for Derby.