Used to listen to RNI a lot - in fact more than Caroline, got a feeling the reception was better. The fourth picture looks like Andy Archer but I'm not sure.

Radio London (Wonderful Big L) was my choice! I had an old valve radio with an antenna out my bedroom window to a pole at the bottom of the garden!

Of course at night it was always Radio Luxembourg!

"On 199 it's Caroline"

Whatever happened to Horace Batchelor on Luxembourg? anybody ever win the pools?

"That's Keynsham spelt K E Y N S H A M and those that never heard it won't know what I'm on about.

Paul.

• Like 1

My mum used to do that speach

One day when going on holiday to the west country we went passed the exit and my mum went through the whole rigmarol at least a dozen times killing herself with laughter every time (Very annoying at times is my mum)

Yep, Caroline was 199 (later 259)

Radio London was 266

Luxembourg was 208

I remember Luxembourg sponsoring a drag race and offering a prize for the first car to clock 208mph in the 1/4 mile. Seems slow these days - they are hitting over 330mph!

Radio Caroline South from the Mi Amigo was on 259 and Caroline North was on 199 in the 1960's..in the 70's and 80's a variety of frequencies were used 819..558..319 and others that I can't remember..today it's 0199 on Sky and on the internet at http://www.radiocaroline.co.uk

Zab you were correct that's Andy Archer on the Mi Amigo..will up load a picture next of a guy called Crispian St. John was was on RNI you may remember him...he came out to The Mi Amigo that day on our boat and was chatting for quite some time with Andy Archer..a few months later he joined Caroline..in the 1980's he was on board Caroline's final ship Ross Revenge under the name Jay Jackson..he was an excellent DJ but sadly no longer with us.

pete c...still riding a vespa

Excellent Zab you have done a great job..The Communicator has now been scrapped..what a shame..great station Laser 558..don't think we will ever see another offshore station anchored in the North Sea again...and well done for including a live link to Radio Caroline.

CAROLINE THE SOUND OF THE NATION

pete c...still riding a vespa

Thanks for that.

One of the stations that used to broadcast from the Radio Caroline ship was Seagull and it's still going today and still uses a ship - well worth listening to they play a much broader range of music these days.

Anyway, a picture of the ship is here,

http://www.radioseagull.com/ship.htm

Plus the page has a link to listen, if you live in the south you might pick it up on MW.