The passing of the independant, local garage.

ANY BODY re member RICK ST GARAGE, between Glasshouse st & Huntingdon st , it was a d.i.y garage,

They would charge you so much a hour to use their equipment, jacks,tools etc,also if needed, workshop manuals.

and if you got stuck with a job, there were fully trained staff to assist , extra of course.

It would be andy if you could work on modern cars , as easy as the old moters, .save you a fortune.

another one springs to mind is MOONS GARAGE, on Shakespeare St, facing the central Fire Station,

They had one of the first drive through car wash,s in Nottingham,

The first time i used it , drive up to the line, put your money in the box, and press the button, sud spray started,

went to wind the window up , and the window regulator sheared, time to make a quick exit before getting drowned

came out there like a rocket, i can laugh now, but wasn't funny at the time,

Dennis..

I remember it, seem to recall using it once but can't remember why?

One of reasons I bought a low mileage 21 yr old fiesta with coil and points, carb, timing chain so no cambelt, no cat, and no computer was so I could maintain it myself, trouble is too cream crackered to go crawling under cars these days! lol

HI Roger, " Autoplus" yes you are dead rite, i couldn't for the life of me think of the right name,

thanks a lot for that,

Dennis,