Has there been a section for members photo's ( that's photo's of people,,,, not 'members' )

I thought it might be a giggle to see Then & Now,,,,,,

It's more than likely that we will all recognise someone by photo, that we've been chatting to on these pages ! Of course, there will be those who don't want to be recognised ?!

I'll dig a couple out for readiness,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Baz

• 3 years later...

If you're still there Baz, I've asked for pics in the thread "Nostalgic age photos" on "Owt about Nowt" forum.

Sadly Bazza is another person who no longer comes on due to the posts of certain other members getting on his t1t5, (His words not mine) I do still speak to him via the phone and have met up in Cornwall too, but I can't persuade him back ! I'll keep trying , you never know!

• Upvote 1

Sorry Mick - don't understand?

Beefsteak - tell him I would like to see his pictures anyway, please.

It is a setting within your profile where you can ignore a members content etc should you so wish.

Not likely to be needed by the majority of members, as they will raise inappropriate content with board staff,

if it has not already been picked up and dealt with.

As a member you have access to contact all other members via the PM system, even members who have

not been active for a while, they will then receive an email.

I'm seeing messages in my inbox but they are not appearing in this discussion?!

How dare you remove my posts re "The free and frank discussion of topics?" Removing posts is censorship in the strongest !! and as anyone can see there's nothing but the truth in what I have written !!

These are my posts that were deleted:-

"And as soon as a moderator stands up for the majority of other members and says something all hell breaks loose !!"

"But of course, and I'm stating the obvious here!, that negates your rights to fair and frank discussions on each topic , if you can't see just why everyone else has stopped posting in a thread that had been brilliant up to a n others posts"

And no , before you even think it , I'm not sticking up for a certain banned ex member , I'm pointing out an honest to goodness fact that you cannot remove posts , simply because you don't happen to agree with what is written . If it's obscene, threats, content of a sexual nature, etc then fair enough remove it , but simply because I'm trying to explain to somebody why another person no longer posts on here is taking the biscuit.!!

Removing a post is NOT censorship. It is the right of the owner of this site to remove anything anytime. Freedom of speech ONLY gives YOU the right to start a site of your own and put what YOU want there.

If it was as you state, then a newspaper would be guilty of censorship anytime it did not print every letter it receives. They don't and nor do we.

Now - stop whinging and get back to the subject!

But when I'm asked a question and give a fair and unbiased answer and this is removed because somebody doesn't agree with it , it makes me wrong then ?.

Get ther plank out of thine eyes chaps and realise whats going on !

I'm with Beefsteak on this one. It was me that was guilty of posting a response to a thread from someone no longer on this site. I don't know why he is no longer with us, that's his own affair, but If he is like me he is against this kind of censorship. Beefsteak merely quoted Bazza and that should annoy no-one, except perhaps the guilty. I asked Beefsteak to pass on a message to Bazza from me - I see no harm in that, since he knows him anyway, so if anyone is breaking any unwritten rules IT'S ME - NOT BEEFY. Please do not censor genuine posts; save that for the real drongos and trolls. Oh, and please don't ban me for speaking my mind <grin>

Now back to the original post.

Quote:

"I thought it might be a giggle to see Then & Now,,,,,,

It's more than likely that we will all recognise someone by photo, that we've been chatting to on these pages ! Of course, there will be those who don't want to be recognised ?!

I'll dig a couple out for readiness,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Baz"

Unquote.