http://partsfinder.ebay.co.uk/#wheels/vrm

Car wheels with tyres finder

Tell us your car registration number and we'll find wheels that fit

The registration **** *** matched an CITROEN XSARA, ESTATE, BEIGE, MANUAL 5 GEARS

Fitment results

This fitment was put on your car at the time of manufacture 6J 185/65 R15 (front) 6J 185/65 R15 (rear)

simple answer is they don't! at least not with mine nor 2 neighbours cars I've just entered! that said on ebay car seller if you entered reg no. it would fill in sales details, colour, date of reg, engine size, no of former owners etc, trim level etc, must have access to dvla details? same as insurence companies

There are a few sites that give vehicle details, most are via registration or subscription (Experian & HPI etc).

However, there are a few free sites giving limited information, for example:

The DVLA site "Vehicle Check" icon allows you to see some vehicle details and taxation position. You need the reg number and make.

DVLA

The AutoTrader site is similar to the eBay site, you only need the reg. Not always accurate or up to date.

AutoTrader

The eBay site is not too accurate, my car comes back with 16" wheels, but it has 17" as a factory option.

• 4 weeks later...

Blimey! My old car is still going. Sold in 1996 as an MOT failure

Vehicle Registration MarkA909ENNMakeVAUXHALLModelNOVA SRTransmission & fuel typeMANUAL 5 GEARS PETROLBody Type3 DOOR HATCHBACKColourBLACK

MICK: Strangely my car now has a personal plate so, its not even the original reg?

FYNGER: oooo they got my car right....Irish plates too.

Likewise: Mine is also personalised,,,, and Irish,,,, (BAZ) & it pops up on most searches.

My sons Rover tho', hardly shows up on any !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slightly off topic, when searching most of the super duper 'we WILL be cheaper' Insurance searches, my son has to put in a wrong 'Employment' just to get to the next page. (Obviously puts it right when/if taking out a policy).

Similarly, my last employment had to be: Security 'Consultant', I couldn't be a CCTV/Surveillance gear retailer/installer !

Baz

just tried DVLA , entered details came back "not found" I did wonder what all that welding across the roof and floor was about! And as regards private number plates, stupid prices, far cheaper to change your name, (signed) Mr R122ORC

Hi Ashley,

The DVLA vehicle details for R122 ORC are:

Date of Liability 01 04 2009

Date of First Registration 17 03 1998

Year of Manufacture 1998

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1796CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour GREEN

Vehicle Type Approval null

The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £101.75

12 Months Rate £185.00

Minimum price for for plates with DVLA at the time I bought mine was £250.

I searched and found a plate that spells my last name exactly in (letter number number letter letter letter) £250

Thanks DVLA, you missed that one. !clapping!

Dad had a Standard 10 pick up reg was 5134E, remember such as at time of Manfred Mann's 54321 (1963?) wonder what that would be worth now? Coppers don't seem bothered now re "doctored plates" Radcliffe is full of them, I remember some woman getting done for "adjusting" 5 EXY, ditto a mate who after fitting a fairing to his bike cocked it up getting letters and numbers wrong way round!

Hi Ashley,

The Standard Ten was produced between 1954 & 1961.

Your registration was issued in Staffordshire in 1958.

The pick-up would be interesting but not valuable, most expensive Standard Ten (saloon) recently in auction was a shade under £3,000.

The number plate would advertise at £3,000 also - but in the days of 'the crunch', perhaps would not easily sell now.

talking of personal plates,,,,,, anyone interested in a personalised name/number for their mobile ?

For eg: I have a couple, one being: 07???? BARRY. (Of course I had to change me name from Fred - to fit).

You keep your original number as well, so you have two ! You can give out either number to who-ever & the phone rings slightly different for each one called.

After buying the number/name, there are No further fees, rents, costs etc (or I would have them).

Of course - just like plates - not all names available now,,,,,, strictly 'first cum' etc,,,,,

Daft I know - but a giggle all the same !

My mate Steve Austin ( not the bionic one ) has both the plates '4 KOF ' and '4 COF' he runs a garage in Ilkeston.....He does all my car work cheapish as ive done him a few Tattoos over the years.

I did find or rather see a plate F1 ANS but I never saw another in later years , it'd be interesting to see if that or any others exist

Had to take a double take in Gedlin in the 80s.

Saw a Saab Reg MAN259U (Yes I can still remember the number)

U was never issued, I know the answer does anyone else?