First aviation day of 2009

I think that It would be a good idea if we started to organize now for one in March time , judging from interest we might have to book in to the Blue bell for lunch (depending on numbers) It would also be an idea to sort out car pooling etc . obviously I'll be coming through Nott's with an empty car so can get in 3 comfortably .

What say you Rog ??

Put your names on the notice board below ......LOL

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayup Beefsteak,

I agree and all things being equal I should still have the four seater pickup so can accommodate 3 more, If however the aviation day was to be in April, that is when the airshow pilot starts his daily flying display practice from 08.00hrs, just a thought

Rog

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about ....................... smile2

Anytime would suit us...we have our own car altho its only.....>-----------------------<..... this big...and we can use it as a good reason to go see Alan....( last time I saw him he would have been about 16....sommat musta changed if hes got a pub now and plays golf ).

Just read another post....can i ask if Ashley will be driving ??....can we avoid Telegraph poles ??

Any time suits me Ian,

are we looking at a similar format to the last invasion of bomber county by the Nottstalgians?

Rog

I think it would be a good idea to do the same format

Possible itinerary for those interested.

Waddo , Metheringham ,coffee at the hotel , Dambusters memorial, your work, if ok, (I'll get a picture of that bomb this time !!) Thorpe camp for a brief stop, Coningsby first visit , maybe a split at this point, those who want to visit the BBMF to do so, and those who want a visit to gates 3/4 for some photos of whatever is in the air or on the ground do so , meeting up at the Blue Bell for H+E and a pint of Dambuster or the like, at a certain time to be ascertained on the day. Back to Coningsby viewing area and gate 4 for a while , then back to Waddo to finish !!

For your information, trips round the hangar at the BBMF, the best place to see the aircraft, probably undergoing maintenance in March as well, is by guided tour only and it may be a good idea to book before hand.

The Lincolnshire Heritage Centre at East Kirkby, home of 'Just Jane', is having Lancaster taxi runs on Wednesday, March 25th between 11am and 1:30pm, probably the closest you'll get to an operating Lanc at that time of year, and for those with a healthy bank balance you can book a trip in it as well, £200:00 a time, you'd better get busking Fynger.

Firbeck,

Yes guided tour only and well worth it, about 2-3 squid for the tour and it last about an hour, tour guides are brilliant, shop also worth a visit, full of books gifts etc.

Beefsteak, I will get a picture of the bomb for you this week, the "Picket Hamilton fort" that was dug up from our site is now at Thorpe camp and I think they are going to bury it as was intended and leave it jacked up for visitors to see, (for those who don't know what I'm on about there check out Mr Oogle it's just a bit of history that would have been forgotten without folk such as the Thorpe camp people.

Looking forward to the day already and to meeting all that are coming

Rog

2007_1217HamEggs0001.jpg

Tempting innit? Lincolnshire ham and eggs with chips and garden peas

Aviation + Nottstalgians + Food/Drink + Aviation = great day out

Rog

Now are you tempted?

Even though the site of ham and eggs is very tempting I think I will give it a miss/mrs. Does one get pineapple as well as the pale insipid eggs or doesn’t one have a choice in the matter, if that’s indeed the case you can definitely take me of your stand by driver rotor after all I’m not a charity…..

Ps…hope the ham and eggs didn’t cost no more than £2'99, if so you were robbed666

Bip.