Not a lot of people know that

Piggly Wiggly is a chain of supermarkets - mostly in the southeast states. They are still very much in business!

Poohbear mentioned the movie "Driving Miss Daisy" she does make a reference to having her driver driver her to the Piggly Wiggly. Would be a bit confusing if you've never heard of the place.

We have a couple in town here. Prices are actually pretty good.

Yesterday, we think my aunt became the oldest person in the UK to have laser eye surgery! She is 96 and still going strong! I spoke to her this morning and she sounded in good spirits, but too early to tell how well the surgery worked.

After Saunders' disassociation with Piggly Wiggly®, he opened a chain of stores which operated under the name "Clarence Saunders, Sole Owner of My Name Stores," and although it was successful, the Depression forced Saunders to close the chain. Then, in l937, Saunders designed and constructed a prototype of an automated store, which he called the "Keedoozle"

Were they aliens....No idea what language they speak :bluespin04:

As you'll know, Route 66 went from Chicago to L.A. It was slowly bypassed by Interstate 40 over the years. Williams, my little town, held out to be bypassed, thinking the town would die once nobody came through anymore. They finally had the bypass built and opened in October 1984, making them the last town to do this. Bobby Troup, who wrote the song, Get Your Kicks on Route 66' came and sang the song at the ceremony.