I don't think they are near her, she lives just "over the hill" from my cousin, and I'm going to email him shortly to find out the situation around his place.

We all knew Caz very well , she was / is a very nice person and our thoughts are with her at this time , hoping she is safe and sound.

I'll post any news I get from my Cousin as soon as I receive it, like I say, Caz lives not more than half an hour over the hill from my Cousins place.

If the bush fires are anywhere near her home stead she could always dampen down the wood cladding on the sides of her glourified barn by sloshing a few bottles of Oz red about.....just a thought and Beefy mate cut out using my punch lines.....cheers.

bip.

I came into Melbourne Airport on Saturday. A memorable event. At 35,000 feet the clouds were white,from just below this there was a blanket of thick black smoke which was so dense you felt you could get out and walk on it! The plane was thrown all over the place by the heat induced turbulence. Below the smoke looking around,it seemed that all around Victoria was ablaze.

Interesting

though,when we left en route to Adelaide the ascent was fairly smooth,but the smoke still as bad.

IIRC the area around Adelaide has seen its fair share of forest fires too!

Hope all is well with all our antipodean friends!

The only fire I heard of in SA ,Limey was a very small one(by Australian standards),and was quickly controlled. The Adelaide Hills are our biggest risk,but so far OK.

FIRE chiefs have revealed that yesterday's "horrendous" bushfire at Gawler River in South Australia came within 500 metres of homes.

Over 100ha of land was destroyed as the flames managed to jump across the river and towards homes on the Angle Vale Road.

However householders are being warned there is still a danger posed from burning embers and debris, the Sunday Mail reports.

The blaze started at midday and quickly spread in forty degree heat and south easterly winds.

The fire was eventually contained yesterday afternoon after CFS and MFS crews battled the flames, assisted by 4 fixed wing waterbombing aircraft and helicopters.

I have relatives in Gawler and Mount Gambia , I will have to check on them too.

Cheers Stan

Caz could well be in trouble, I'm sure she lives near Bright, and that's where one of the major fires are.

Caz and andy are fine for the moment although they have no phone line etc....

The smoke etc is dreadful and andys parents who live 25 mins from them are all packed up and ready to be moved...

its very worrying for cazs family here as you can imagine...some friends of carols had some deverstating news..some people they know had been burned to death in their own home...many lives have been lost....

We are getting texts from caz so i will update you all...