Steam Loco Sir Nigel Gresley March 14th

Sorry for late news but just heard Sir Nigel Gresley (A4 Streak 60007) is coming through Nottingham to Lincoln TOMORROW MARCH 14th, It's pulling an excursion but one way only going on from Lincoln to Doncaster, only timings I have are leaving Tame Parkway at 9.22am then going via Walsall Tamworth and Burton on Trent to Nottingham, arriving at Lincoln at 12.49pm. maybe some know approx time from Nottm to Lincoln? or some railway staff who will know more of Notts timings?

Kidderminster dep 08:25

Burton 10:26

Sheet Stores ( avoiding Derby) 11:43

Nottingham 11:54

Lowdham 12:05

Newark 12:21

Lincoln 12:49

Lincoln Dep 15:51

Gainsboro 16:16

Doncaster arr 17:15

Diesel back to Kidderminster, what sort though, Class 67 probably.

Question is, where does it turn at Lincoln, any ideas.

My last trip behind Sir Nige was from Bishops Stortford to Ely about 10 years ago, it was sensational, I'll have to make do with looking at my Hornby Dublo 3 rail example this time instead.

Have a nice time chaps.

sirnige.jpg

it looks like the Duchess of Sutherland is ready for an outing as well. She's just gone past my front garden at 6:02 p.m. and i must say she is looking splendid. Got to go i can hear her coming back.

I got a special pass in the 80's to Toton sidings to photograph SNG.

Sadly I cant find the negatives (which were 6x7) or the 20x16 prints.

it looks like the Duchess of Sutherland is ready for an outing as well. She's just gone past my front garden at 6:02 p.m. and i must say she is looking splendid. Got to go i can hear her coming back.

Rob

Where did you see that, Butterley, the only other steam trip booked for today is the Golden Arrow from Waterloo, hauled by 70013, unless it has failed and the Duchess is a replacement. The Duchess is booked for The Cumbrian Mountain Express from Hellifield in two weeks time, perhaps it was a positioning or post maintenance run.

It was Butterley Firbeck, she did 4 runs in total. I think you are right on the post maintenance run because as far as i am aware she has just had a boiler overhaul. I might pop over in a bit and have a look.

saw the streak at Lowdham, over one hour late but looked good, talking to a driver from butterley there, Duchess is going as far as "triangle at Lenton" either tomorrow or monday as facing the wrong way, no idea of timings

A4AtLincoln2.jpg

A4 taken today at Great Northern terrace Lincoln, she was 1hrs 20mins late but well worth the wait, got a couple more pics from the same vantage point if any one is interested

Rog

[quote name='plantfit' date='Mar 14 2009, 04:13 PM' post='67915'

A4 taken today at Great Northern terrace Lincoln, she was 1hrs 20mins late but well worth the wait, got a couple more pics from the same vantage point if any one is interested

Rog

More pics please, incidentally, whats the little badge on the side of the loco, it didn't have one in BR days, trying to copy Mallard methinks.

A4AtLincoln2.jpg

You can just make out Lincoln Cathedral in the background to the front of the engine

oops already posted that pic

A4AtLincoln1.jpg

I know Kev It's me age!

Head on shot with Pelham bridge over top and Lincoln Central behind

Rog

firbeck, I think the plate on the side is something to do with "The class of loco" being the world steam speed record holder

Nice one Plantfitt, sad to see all those intrusive lineside signs, and the loss of all those lovely semaphores and signal boxes that were so much part of the Lincoln scene.

The plaque on the side is apparently a post restoration thing commemorating it being the fastest post war steam loco, 23rd May 1958, 112mph.

Here's a picture of it passing through Wollaton watched by my brother and I sometime in the mid 50's, a slightly smaller version though.

hornby.jpg