hiya mick,

just followed an e-mailed - subscribed - link,,, but got a different page to the 'norm' !

I logged off, & went to my usual 'Faves' list to try again. I still get a different page,,,, No Heading,,,, No images etc.

I have a screen image if you want me to send it.

Obviously don't know if I've done ow't wrong, or if there is a glitch at your end.

Not complaining,,, Just thought you'd appreciate the feedback.

Baz

((also just noticed that this message page dosn't have the 'Editing' buttons etc))

Bazzer, look at the bottom of the page and check where it say's IP board, make sure it is not on IP board lo fi. you need to be on I P board only. The very same thing happened to me this morning.

Many thanks Rob - perfect.

If you had that too, how might it have happened ?

,,,, or does that mean that someone crept into my lounge & changed it whilst I wuz sleeping ???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did this help you Ash ?

And here. I couldn't even read a post, I had to email Mick for advice !!

You seem to have sussed it

The low fi setting and standard view drop down is bottom left.

I may have set Lo_fi as default accidentally,

It should be standard view default now?

whaaay its gone back to normal all on one page !!

It is a bit of a pain scrolling down past 74 different forums which 26 have less that 20 topics in ( somebody post in Bosseyed Kippers (Bosworth School)/The Cottesmore School/The Deering School/Claremont Bilateral/Secondary Modern/Firbeck School Wollaton/10's Nottingham/FAQ about use of the forums or even the NON MEMBERS POSTING AREA ) i think some of these could be dumped ? The last post in Bosseyed Kippers 22 March 2005 @ 09:48 PM !!

Does this forum software allow child boards? If so, that might stop the amount of scrolling that Radfordred mentioned without having to loose any boards

I dont know whether your forum software does this, but take a quick look here http://www.travelthrutime.com/Forum/index.php the way I have set this up is that I have one major topic (say in this forums case, schools, and under that are the child boards, they all have the same functions, its just sort of collapsing the structure and making it easier to scroll through. If you want to know more, give me a shout :)

You have catagories and sub catagories, the forums collapse under the Sub Catagrories.

Tidy but forums cannot be seen without clicking on the sub cat.

I agree, its a trade off.

When I did my web development course I was advised to keep each main page short because if people dont see what they are looking for they go elsewhere. The idea is that each sub catagory fits the profile of the main catagory. Example, your by era board would work perfectly as child boards with each decade being a link would free up about 4" of screen space on my laptop. As all the decades are essentially the same types of posts it could work well, and all the member would need to do to see all the details would be to click the header for that forum.

(also from a selfish point of view, I wanted mine to be as scroll free as possible as I have RSI and scrolling is quite painful these days :(